Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Whole Person Care & Criminal Justice Administrator
First Resume Review: 01/24/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Whole Person Care & Criminal Justice Administrator. This position will serve as the agency’s lead for initiatives focused on social determinants of health/social risk factors including, most notably, developing, operationalizing and evaluating. Additionally, the position is responsible for serving as the agency’s lead for criminal justice initiatives aimed at ensuring that members needs are met post-release from a correctional or detention facility. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Development, implementation, operationalization and evaluation of new interventions addressing social risk factors for members including the development of contract, policies and deliverables for monitoring health plan compliance.
* Monitoring and evaluating, in collaboration with the Health Information Exchange, the closed-loop referral system including stakeholder engagement with community based organizations and providers to address and mitigate issues and monitor compliance.
* Project management and meeting facilitation
* Maintaining websites for the Whole Person Care and criminal justice initiatives.
* Participating or facilitating speaking engagements and stakeholder engagement
* Cross-agency or external meeting participation serving as Subject Matter Expert or an AHCCCS representative
* Provision of technical assistance to health plans, providers and other stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of the AZ criminal justice system; e.g.: differences between state DOC and county jails; Familiarity with probation and parole processes; Familiarity with the juvenile justice system (both state and county)
* Knowledge of social determinants or social factors of health that impact a person’s health outcomes including food insecurity, transportation, employment and housing/homelessness including direct experience in working with individuals that experience multiple barriers to health as a result of social factors.
* Strong organizational and project management skills including meeting coordination, documentation, follow-up and track progress on short-term and long-term projects and initiatives
* Strong communication and public speaking skills including the ability to communicate with diverse audiences of both internal and external stakeholders from Executive Management to AHCCCS members.
* Must be skilled in producing written information in a succinct and organized manner that is appropriate for the intended audience.
* Skills in problem analysis and ability to make recommendations for improvements, including program evaluation or policy development.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of interested parties including community based organizations, advocacy groups and other stakeholder groups.
* Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Justice Studies, Social Work, Psychology or equivalent degree.
* 3 - 5 years of managerial experience in the design, development and administration of healthcare programs, including programs addressing social determinants of health.
* 3- 5 years working in substance abuse, health care, law enforcement, emergency management, corrections, or related field
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.