The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $60,000 - 68,000
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Web Developer. This position completes written systems analysis and design tasks that are technical in nature and in full scope of requirements. As directed by project manager or project leader, develops and/or modifies computer programs of the highest level of complexity.
* Performing technical systems analysis tasks
* Testing and debugging programs
* Coding and modifying programs
* Participating in system testing
* Performing user requirements systems analysis tasks
* Reviewing, discussing and comprehending assignments with project leader
* Documents programs
* Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the complex coding of a variety of computer programming language(s) (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET and ADO,NET)
* Broad knowledge of web technologies, including HTML, XML, ActiveX; .NET framework and relating operating systems relevant to the environment being used by the agency
* Experienced in SQL 2000 and above, Oracle and relational database structures; COM/DCOM and ODBC, MS AZURE or Cloud based technologies
* Conversant in Object Oriented Terminology and Techniques, Visual Studio, Web Services, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
* Complete lifecycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures
* Skilled in the development and execution of project workplans
* Formal training, work experience and a basic aptitude for the discipline
* Work experience in a Systems Project Lead or Management position
* Work experience in MS Azure or cloud based technologies
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.