Title: Web Developer
- Closing at: May 21 2022 at 23:55 MST
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $65,000 - $68,000
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Web Developer. This position completes written systems analysis and design tasks that are technical in nature and in full scope of requirements. As a senior Web Developer this position is responsible for modifying and/or building web solutions from conception to implementation using all phases of the SDLC.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develops new and/or modifies existing web sites, APIs & console applications to meet functional and technical design specifications.
* Participates in all phases of the Standard Development Life Cycle to achieve web based solutions for the internal and external user community.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and optimize web sites and APIs for security and responsiveness following industry best practices, development standards and guidelines.
* Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently while working in the office or virtually.
* Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software.
* Ability to design, build and maintain relational database solutions including, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
* Perform complex analysis and problem solving tasks to identify and develop solutions.
* Hands-on experience with developing and deploying web applications in the Azure environment.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of security standards and principles as they apply to web development.
* Strong working experience and knowledge of RDBMS design using SQL Server 2012 and above.
* Extensive hands-on experience with web services.
* Strong understanding and experience with all phases of the SDLC and methodologies.
* Ability to resolve production issues and multi-task with strict time constraints and business goals.
* Bachelor’s degree plus 5 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience).
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, 5+ years of experience in web development, Microsoft certifications are a plus, and HIPAA and MARS-E experience or expertise are a plus.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.