Title: Value Based Purchasing Analyst
Value Based Purchasing Analyst
- REMOTE OPTIONS
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an HC Financial Consultant. This Value Based Purchasing Analyst position is responsible for assisting with the development of AHCCCS Value Based Purchasing (VBP) strategies and will assist the agency’s VBP Manager in the Division of Health Care Management. In this role, the position will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including actuarial, clinical, financial, operational, rates and reimbursement, and policy areas, to advance delivery system and provider payment initiatives that improve health outcomes while bending the cost curve.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Support implementation of existing AHCCCS VBP initiatives, including Directed Payments, Alternative Payment Models (APM), and Performance Based Payments (PBP). Inform the continued development of new and innovative models. Prepare relevant financial summaries, quality measure withholds and incentive calculations, AHCCCS policies, contract and capitation certification language, and public notices.
* Engage and consult with stakeholders, including providers, managed care organizations (MCOs), and agency leaders and clinical staff, to inform VBP strategies. Conduct research on emerging VBP trends, such as regulatory actions or new programs implemented in other states, and present findings and recommendations.
* Collaborate with clinical teams to incorporate quality performance measures into financial models and align VBP programs with the AHCCCS Quality Strategy.
* Prepare required deliverables for submittal to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), including Section 438.6(c) preprints for Access to Professional Services Initiative (APSI), Pediatric Services Initiative (PSI), Differential Adjusted Payments (DAP), Targeted Investments (TI), Nursing Facility Directed Payments, and similar programs. Gather nationally calculated performance measures and summarize for CMS preprint reporting.
* Analyze and monitor MCO financial reporting on VBP initiatives, including review of contracts and detailed financial data, to ensure targets are achieved and reporting requirements are met. Audit MCO financial documents for Performance Based Payments reimbursement.
* Knowledge of problem-solving variable situations requiring analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and/or constructive thinking within broadly defined policies and objectives Knowledge of commercial and government health insurance analysis, including Value Based Purchasing models.
* Federal Regulations relating to Medicaid and Medicare.
* AHCCCS Programs, Rules and Regulations. Agency Policies and Procedures.
* Present complex materials to diverse audiences.
* Assist with stakeholder discussions.
* Research complex topics and present summary findings and recommendations.
* Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
* Minimum qualifications: Experience with Value-Based strategies and contracting.
* Preferred qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, statistics, health care management, or related field. Experience with Arizona marketplace or other Medicaid managed care environment.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.