Title: Systems/Network Engineer
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $83,000 - $88,000
Must reside in the State of Arizona
This position is eligible for part-time/ full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Information Services Division is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Network Engineer. This position participates in the implementation, system design, and administration of AHCCCS systems and infrastructure. In addition to assigned systems/applications, projects and administrative tasks may be assigned as needed. Authority to install, configure, and modify systems and infrastructure are part of the job, with approved change control.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Perform system analysis, designs, constructs, and tests infrastructure
* Proactively solves complex problems
* Design and implement solutions, primarily in AHCCCS cloud environment
* Processes, documents, and coordinates resolution of trouble calls with help desk
* Provide guidance, assistance, training, and education
* Reviews configuration change proposals for compliance to established standards, guidelines and policies
* Coordinate, schedule and perform software installations to cloud based operating systems, layered software packages, and databases
* Cloud technologies including: AWS, AZURE, Google and OCI; Custom SSL, ciphers, and Elastic Load balancing, performance optimization
* Network and systems administration
* Virtualization technologies
* Thorough working knowledge of various infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* Expert troubleshooting skills
* Advanced skills in managing cloud environments
* Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
* Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
* Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
* Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
* Develop and write technical documentation
* Evaluate and test emerging technologies
* Perform advanced design, maintenance and repair of servers
* Demonstrated expertise in information system configuration management
* Discussing and planning application architectures with cross-functional teams to include; developers, business, technical teams and third-party vendors
* Evaluate and test emerging technologies
* Work in a Virtual Office setting
* Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of extensive experience in systems engineering (or equivalent experience).
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* Paid Parental Leave-Up to 12 weeks per year paid leave for newborn or newly-placed foster/adopted child (pilot program).
* Other Leaves - Bereavement, civic duty, and military.
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.