Title: Systems/LAN Administrator
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Closing Date: Open until filled
Anticipated Salary: $66,000
Must reside in the state of Arizona
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Systems/LAN Administrator. This position participates in the implementation, support of system design, and administration of AHCCCS systems and infrastructure. In addition to assigned systems/applications, projects and administrative tasks may be assigned as needed. Authority to install, configure, and modify systems and infrastructure are part of the job, with approved change control.
- Processes, documents, and coordinates resolution of trouble calls with help desk.
- Implements software patches, security fixes, and tests and validates modified system configurations.
- Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation.
- Monitors and manages user/system accounts, reliability, availability, and maintains equipment.
- Categorizes, isolates, and resolves system problems.
- Thorough working knowledge of various infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise.
- Thorough working knowledge of networking technologies.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
- Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Develop and write technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to install and repair computer hardware.
- Work in a Virtual Office setting.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years of experience in systems administration (or equivalent experience).
Preferred: 3 years of desktop support or general IT experience.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.