Title: Senior Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Senior Database Administrator
Information Service Division
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled
Salary: $85,000 - $90,000
Must reside in the State of Arizona
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement)
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Database Administrator. This is a mainframe position and will support the Agency by maintaining our critical systems running a CA-Datacom / IDEAL environment on IBM equipment.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitors, reviews, tests, and performs Data Base support and System upgrade and maintenance. Resolves Customer Support tickets in a timely manner.
- Cross training to support AHCCCS Data Base Systems and Applications.
- Performs Data Base Systems and Applications troubleshooting.
- Performs Data Base Systems production on-call support.
- Advises Programmer Analysts on the design and use of logical and physical data base structures.
- Assists in the recovery of databases in the event of data loss.
- Thorough knowledge of functions and capabilities of database systems.
- Working knowledge of theory, principles and practices of systems specification standards, applications programming, and database design and utilization techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in computer documentation procedures.
- Experience in the use of programming, job control, and data defining language specific to the database management system.
- Resolving technical problems.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships in a project team environment
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 or more years of experience in database administration (or equivalent experience). Equivalent experience to include: 2 years Application Programming, 2 years Application Analysis and Design, 5 Data Base Administration or Data Base Administration Training - vendor specific. Five years’ Data Base Administration
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.