Title: Senior Data Warehouse Developer
Senior Data Warehouse Developer
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Senior Data Warehouse Developer
Information Services Division
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on 7/20/2022
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
Have you reached a point in your career where you are ready to utilize your innovation and leadership skills in healthcare. Are you an ETL expert with a passion for building data warehouses and want to gain more experience in Medicaid? The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Data Warehouse Developer. The Senior Data Warehouse Developer will serve as a project leader on the ISD Data Warehouse team. This position will perform as a developer, analyst and maintenance specialist. The Senior Data Warehouse Developer will work with customers throughout the agency to identify data needs and then define, develop and test ETL solutions. This person will also be asked to maintain production ETL processes, occasionally in an on-call capacity, to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of all data loads. This individual should have a strong technical background with extensive experience in an enterprise data warehouse environment. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage data extractions, transformations and load procedures including analysis of existing source systems and data sources and monitor ETL workflows. Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code. Provide expertise in SQL development and data analysis.
* As an expert in AHCCCS data, actively participant in inter-divisional projects as a data lead. Work to proactively obtain and provide information that will assist decision makers in determining what data AHCCCS has and how to effectively and efficiently access the available data.
* Support and enhance existing extract, transform, and load processes. Create technical design documents that capture source to target mapping, define transformation algorithms, and document data quality rules, data flows and transformations.
* Works with stakeholders to identify analytical requirements. Validate the integrity and quality of the data to be used, while troubleshooting any issues; and develop, test, and validate data sets to be utilized in various analytical reports and dashboards throughout the agency.
* Mentor developers and business users with less skill or experience.
* Proactively seek to add value to the system by staying current on industry practices and participating in projects that involve leaders both inside and outside of the Agency with regard to responsibilities.
* Provide on call support for periodic 24/7 production support and independently manage the Data Warehouse team in the absence of the Data Warehouse Manager.
* Data Warehouse concepts, practices, and procedures
* ETL tools and processes (i.e. Informatica)
* Oracle and SQL Server database management systems
* Strong understanding of SQL and relational and multidimensional designs
* Skill and experience with business requirements analysis
* Project Management
* Ability to communicate with business users to determine requirements for data, reports and analyses
* Any combination of training and Experience that meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs); typical ways KSAs are obtained may include but are not limited to: relevant degree from an accredited college or university, coursework and work experience relevant to the assignment.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related area, 5+ years of data warehousing experience related to data bases and BI tools, 5+ years of experience defining and developing ETL processes, and knowledge of health care operations and terminology; preferably within Medicaid.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.