Title: Senior Business Specialist
Senior Business Specialist
- Closing at: May 20 2022 at 23:55 MST
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Senior Business Specialist
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Specialist Senior. The purpose of this position will be to plan, direct, coordinate and oversee activities, and provide critical project management experience and expertise in order to facilitate successful execution of DHCM clinical projects which will include implementation of federal and state regulations and agency policy changes and initiatives. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assess project feasibility, determine program goals and develop implementation tools, set effectiveness, efficiency, productivity, and management/internal control standards. Gain sufficient knowledge/understanding of agency initiatives/policies in order to facilitate/lead project teams and assess overall effectiveness, efficiency, to implementation and goal achievement; and make decisions regarding alternative courses of action.
* Monitor and advance Arnold v. Sarn requirements through oversight of managed care contractual requirements including formal stipulation requirements, involvement in required research/reporting requirements. Lead efforts with outside consultants on annual reporting requirements as well as oversight of WICHE fidelity reviewers. Provide subject matter expertise to key staff on Arnold v. Sarn requirements.
* Support ISOC Administrator and managers with meeting coverage, data analytics, planning and project support. Support AMS and lean initiatives for the agency providing technical assistance and resource support to DHCM managers and staff.
* Health care industry and managed care concepts and practices as well as obtaining knowledge of AHCCCS contracts and policies and the behavioral health delivery system in Arizona.
* Theoretical and practical concepts of the health care market, State government organizations, operations, processes, and procedures.
* Various types of contracts, techniques for contracting or procurement, and contract negotiation and administration.
* Must possess effective communication, presentation skills and research skills.
* Must be skilled in producing written information in a succinct and organized manner that is appropriate for intended audience.
* Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated as well as to interact, influence, and motivate internal and external stake holders effectively to obtain pertinent information for decision making and to communicate directly and effectively.
* Work efficiently and move projects forward meeting expected timelines.
* Three years clinical and programmatic experience in behavioral health service delivery systems including experience in a public managed care environment.
* A degree in social work, public health, healthcare, or related fields.
* Five years of experience.
* Graduate or higher degree in a behavioral health or health related field.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.