Title: Scanning Clerk
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Address: 801 E. Jefferson St. Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Closing Date: Open until field
The Division of Fee For Service Management is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Scanning Clerk. This position is responsible for opening, sorting, batching, and preparing various forms from scanning. This position also links supplements and processes incoming RightFax documents.
? Scans documents transcribing from paper formats into computer files. Verifies data to ensure accuracy while appropriately formatting, make adjustments for paper size/weight, color of ink, paper color, etc., to ensure acceptable image quality, and maintaining an even workflow. Responsible for logging document numbers automatically assigned during scanning for future retrieval.
? Files original scanned document images in accordance with established guidelines to ensure accurate filing and facilitate timely retrieval of information. Reviews scanned documents and resolves inconsistencies.
? Ensures quality control by reviewing scanned rejected documents to identify/rescan poor quality document images to make sure all images entered into the system meet established quality standards and resolves inconsistencies.
? Reviews and links scanned, faxed and on-line supplemental documents to the appropriate claim using agency systems.
? Digital-Imaging system and procedures
? Inputting Medical/Dental documents to be into the system
? Document sorting, batching, routing, and coding practices/procedures/guidelines
? Computer skills: operating keyboard and ten-key calculator
? Microsoft windows (Excel and Word) or comparable software
? Operate and run a scanner
? Work in a fast-paced environment independently and as a team
? Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
? Speed and accuracy to meet performance measurements
? Learn and closely follow established policies, procedures and guidelines
? Six months of administrative and computer experience. Moderate computer and administrative skills, attention to detail, open communication.
? One year administrative and computer experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office and above average WPM typing skills, meet productivity and execute quality work.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.