Title: Quality Improvement Coordinator
Quality Improvement Coordinator
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Quality Improvement Coordinator
Division of Health Care Services (DHCS)
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Salary: $52,350 - $62,350
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Division of Health Care Services is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Quality Improvement (QI) team as a QI Coordinator. This position, along with a team of other individuals, will be responsible for supporting AHCCCS QI activities, conducting data analysis and research, as well as the monitoring and oversight of AHCCCS Managed Care Organizations as it relates to QI activities.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Timely and accurate monitoring, tracking, and reviewing of all assigned Managed Care Organization deliverables including (but not limited to) Performance Measure Monitoring Reports, Quality Management/ Performance lmprovement (QM/PI) Program Plans, Performance Improvement Projects, Corrective Action Plans, Managed Care Organization surveys/member information materials.
* Participation in Operational Reviews, deliverable reviews, audits, and other methods of Managed Care Organization monitoring and oversight.
* Support QI reporting activities such as those pertaining but not limited to performance measures, member satisfaction surveys, External Quality Review (EQR), and other state or federally required deliverables/activities.
* Participation in and support of ongoing QI efforts including (but not limited to) research, methodology review and development, project tracking, data analysis, and formal report writing.
* Support QI data related activities, including (but not limited to) data validation, methodology review and development, data collection, conducting analysis, and summarizing findings/results.
* Support completion of data requests and QI website updates, as well as development of formal reports that support AHCCCS initiatives such as (but not limited to): Value Based Purchasing programs, affinity groups, workgroups, and presentations.
* Active participation in and representation of AHCCCS at the stakeholder engagement sessions, conferences, technical assistance meetings, as well as other presentations, workgroups, webinars, and meetings.
* Advanced knowledge of QI tools, techniques, and concepts
* Research methods, including methodology development, sampling techniques, and methods to identify variation in clinical performance data
* Basic knowledge of statistical analysis and data validation methods
* In-depth knowledge of and experience with quality measurement and/or performance measures, including National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) measures, Consumer Assessment of Health Plan Satisfaction (CAHPS) surveys, as well as measures developed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and other measure stewards
* In depth knowledge of and experience in various systems of care such as long-term services and supports (LTSS) and/or behavioral health
* Project management methodologies
* AHCCCS contract and policy requirements as well as Medicaid Managed Care regulations
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare practices
* Intermediate analytical skills, including the analysis of large data sets and interpretation of results/findings
* Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills (all programs)
* Strong interpersonal skills, including professionalism, as well as effective written and oral communication skills
* Organizational skills and attention to details that result in effective project management, prioritization of multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines
* Strong critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills
* Intermediate technical and formal report writing skills
* Collaborate with others and maintain effective professional relationships
* Work efficiently and independently
* Prioritize and manage multiple competing projects to meet goals and deadlines
* Facilitate and participate in work groups which may include internal and external participants
* Analyze problems and develop effective/innovative solutions
* Produce high quality work with limited supervision
* Continuously learn and adapt to changes in best practices, requirements, regulations, and methodologies
* Three years of professional experience related to health programs appropriate to the assignment, which includes program planning or administration; a Master's degree in a field appropriate to the assignment may substitute for one year of the required experience.
* At least one year of experience working in a Managed Care environment.
* Experience with Cognos, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, or similar data analytics platforms.
* Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or other related certification(s). Knowledge of State and Federal policies, procedures, and regulations governing Medicaid programs and populations.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* Paid Parental Leave-Up to 12 weeks per year paid leave for newborn or newly-placed foster/adopted child (pilot program).
* Other Leaves - Bereavement, civic duty, and military.
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.