Title: Quality Assurance Tester
Quality Assurance Tester
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Quality Assurance Tester
Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS)
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on date: 02/27/2023
Grade: 21This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Quality Assurance Tester within Systems Support. This position is critical in ensuring that the eligibility system is processing data correctly and interfacing with the Prepaid Medical Management Information System (PMMIS) system. This is accomplished by planning, developing, and implementing complex system testing in the eligibility system and interface processes that pass data between the eligibility systems and the PMMIS system.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate to devise the most effective and efficient methods of accomplishing work. Independently execute system tests and document outcomes. When necessary, look for root causes and provide factual information based on the testing outcomes.
- Attend pertinent meetings regarding new programs, business rules, and system requirements to gather information and develop a testing plan. Provide technical assistance or consultation during requirements gathering sessions.
- Research complex problems reported by internal and external agencies and provide efficient, relevant, information based on what is observed in testing scenarios.
- Keep current on system updates, and policies and procedures. Attend internal unit and division meetings and trainings. Actively participate in the Arizona Management System initiative within the unit, division, and agency.
- Program principles and logic of testing methodologies for effective system analysis, testing and the documentation of test processes.
- Program principles and techniques of automated information systems analysis, design, modification, and implementation and system processing technical language.
- Technical expertise, analytics and problem solving.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Interpersonal interfacing with peers and other internal and external individuals.
- Identify and analyze procedural problems and execute or communicate effective solutions.
- Express ideas and information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative relationships as necessary to conduct work.
- Two years of computer application testing experience; OR Two years of management analysis experience appropriate to the assignment; OR Two years of experience in programmatic & technical environments at AHCCCS or with other testing or analyzing environments; OR Associate’s Degree.
- Experience in Health-e-Arizona Plus (HEAplus) and/or PMMIS a plus.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $54,500/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 515818