Title: Quality Assurance Compliance Officer
Quality Assurance Compliance Officer
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
QUALITY ASSURANCE COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Division of Health Care Management
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Salary: $43,981 - $78,720
Closing Date: Open until filled 1st review of resumes on (7/12/2022)
Remote Work: This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
The Targeted Investments (TI) Quality Analyst performs activities related to quality assurance management for continuous improvement, oversight, and compliance of the Promoting Interoperability (PI) Program and the Targeted Investments (TI) Program. Under the direction of the Supervisor, the TI Quality Analyst tests and verifies quality standards to attain quality and accuracy in the administration of the programs by testing, identifying errors, documenting quality assurance protocols, and making recommendations for process improvement.
* Perform annual process and compliance review. Identify data abnormalities, problems, troubleshoot quality issues, trends, root cause failure analysis and gaps in data queries.
* Analyze, track and report on quality discrepancies discovered in our processes and procedures.
* Conduct test planning, test design, test scripting, and manual test execution to discover defects.
* Apply problem solving techniques to mitigate risk of improper eligibility determinations and payments. Implement corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence.
* Recommend process improvement towards accuracy and efficiency.
* Develop and implement a quality management process that includes the quality assurance plan and procedures that conforms to program requirements and accuracy.
* Support Incentive Team with PI Program closure activities as needed.
* Principles and practices of public administration with emphasis on effective planning, organization, and data management
* Principles, research methods and reporting techniques used in administrative studies
* Operational/programmatic structures, applicable legislation, rules, regulations, standards, policies, procedures, resources, and priorities
* Experience in quality assurance skills and documenting outcomes
* Identify and analyze procedural problems and determine effective solutions
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* A high degree of skill in troubleshooting, characterizing, and describing defects
* Take initiative and make decisions to achieve quality objectives
* Express ideas and information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
* Work independently and produce work products with limited supervision
* 5 years experience in quality assurance analysis testing.
* Related experience includes health care related incentive programs.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.