Title: QA ANALYST (IT)
QA ANALYST (IT)
- REMOTE OPTIONS
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on date 6/21/22
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a QA Analyst - IT . This role performs activities related to QA including various testing efforts (functional, UAT, regression, etc.) and the various tasks (requirements review, analysis, execution, etc.) to support those activities. As a QA Analyst, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining documents necessary for various projects. You will also make recommendations for process improvement including implementation or maintenance of test automation efforts while staying current on QA practices and tools in order to provide feedback on how changes would benefit the team.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Performs activities related to QA including various testing efforts (functional, UAT, regression, etc.) and the various tasks (requirements review, analysis, execution, etc.) to support those activities. Responsible for creating and maintaining documents necessary for any projects or duties assigned. Makes recommendations for improvement of processes including implementation or maintenance of test automation efforts. Stay current on QA practices and tools in order to provide feedback on how changes would benefit the team.
* Perform life-cycle testing of varying types (UAT, regression, end-to-end, etc.) and the tasks necessary to perform those tests. This may include: requirements reviews, analysis, planning, execution, reporting, etc.
* Support existing automation initiatives and recommend/propose opportunities to improve on automation efforts. Research and analysis of system problems/issues and recommend/propose solutions.
* Prepare documentation to support assigned projects. The documents include test plans, test cases and results or other documents necessary to perform projects/tasks assigned.
* Become highly knowledgeable on primary area(s) of support including familiarity with business knowledge. Assist staff with technical questions and provide guidance to secondary support members.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Attend various meeting; staff meetings, management meetings, etc.
* Become familiar with other areas of support in order to act as a secondary resource for those areas.
- State and Federal Rules/Regulations
- AHCCCS Policy regarding Medicaid coverage and eligibility/LTC Policy and Procedures
- Business Operations and Rules
- Research Methods
- Automated Information System Analysis Techniques and Principles
- Automated Information System Design and Functions
- User Acceptance Test Procedures, Test Plan Development and Standards for Documentation
- Analytical/research and problem-solving skills to identify and respond to issues and effectively evaluate outcome
- Technical skills for preparation of test scenarios and system evaluation
- Quality assurance skills to ensure effectiveness of final product
- Organization skills for project and day to day coordination
- Planning skills for preparation of timeframes and effective work management
- Oral and written communication skills for effective communication
- Interpersonal/customer service skills for interacting with external and internal customers and coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail
- Ability to interface with users and all stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs.
- Ability to work independently as well an in a team
- Ability to quickly learn new software tools with no formal training.
- Ability to work effectively from a remote location
Minimum qualifications: 2+ years experience in quality assurance testing and analysis (or equivalent experience) and course work or
related work experience relevant to the assignment.
Preferred qualifications: 2 years full life-cycle testing, which includes requirements definitions, analysis, test planning, test execution.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.