Title: Project Manager
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85034
This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Manager Intermediate. This position will manage small to medium-sized projects, coordinating efforts with division staff, agency staff, external partners and vendors to organize, direct, and execute the activities of assigned projects and/or processes in order to ensure that activities are completed on time, and within stated strategic and business goals and objectives. Write and edit project documentation for executive summaries, project budgets, project schedules, technical and logical diagrams; work to improve our policies, processes and procedures to eliminate waste as part of our Arizona Management System (AMS) efforts. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Research, analyze, plan, evaluate and formulate project plans for division projects.
* Track, analyze, and report project status for division projects. Maintain accountability and ensure timely reporting.
* Effectively manage project scope/changes, issue management. Build executive presentations and organize information and data in support of project tracking or ad-hoc data requests.
* Division level coordination with the agency’s Information Services Division related to technology projects to include Advanced Planning Documents (APD), Project Investment Justifications (PIJ), project budgets, project schedules, impact statements and other supporting documents and tools.
* Assist Teams with Standard Work Process (SWPs) development, review and updating. Participate as a member of the DMPS Square Review Team.
* Manage project related contents for division level communication tools, participate as a member of the division's CORE Manager’s team. Champion and facilitate AMS and provide guidance, insight and support to the lag and lead goals at the operational level.
* Due to COVID-19 precautions the recruiting process has been adjusted to meet the standard health guidelines outlined by the State. Interviews will be conducted virtually and may also be by way of video conference utilizing a platform like Google Meet/Hangouts or Zoom.
* Project management tools
* Theoretical and practical aspects of project management
* Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
* Verbal and written communication
* Interpersonal interactions
* Goal setting and strategic planning
* Computer software or their equivalent: Google Suite, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, Acrobat Pro
* Facilitate, lead, coach and direct teams, managers, supervisors and the public
* Prioritize and organize
* Deliver concurrent deliverables
* Arizona Drivers License
* Three years of experience in project coordination and management (or equivalent experience)
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
10 paid holidays per year
Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
A variety of learning and career development opportunities
Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
Program administered through Nationwide.
Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.