Title: Programmatic Payables Supervisor
Programmatic Payables Supervisor
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Programmatic Payables Supervisor
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Supervisor I. The person in this position will be responsible for the Programmatic Accounts Payable Unit to ensure that all health plans/providers’ payments, claims and deposits are processed in a timely manner. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supervises team members’ workload, training and completion of annual evaluations.
* Responsible for the effective management and operations of programmatic payables unit, including the timely and accurate processing, issuance and reporting of all programmatic providers’ payments and processing of deposits to the State Treasury.
* Ensures that credit invoices ( GAXCM) and deposits are processed through AFIS to reimburse AHCCCS programmatic accounts.
* Oversee, Monitor, and Reply to Health Plan/Provider Customer Service ticket questions, concerns and requests.
* Provide supervision, training and monitor the accuracy and quality of all work products including the direct supervision of one Accountant I and indirect supervision of four accounting staff.
* Monitor unit call center for provider’s inquiries and requests.
* Management and operation of all receipts and expenditures to the accounting system as appropriate and reconciliation of activity which includes multiple funds.
* Monitor and track interfaced and manual entry invoices to ensure timely and accurate payments for 100% of all providers and health plans.
* Monitor the Acute, Long-Term Care and KidsCare programmatic expenditure appropriations and quarterly allotments recommending appropriation /allotment transfers as necessary to meet projected funding needs. Supervise fund transfers to other State Agencies for programmatic and administrative expenditures. Supervise financial reconciliation involving programmatic appropriated and nonappropriated expenditures, revenue, deposits, etc. Responsible to ensure that cash and appropriations are available to meet the Agency's needs for pass through to other agencies.
* Review and approve providers’ EFT’s application to ensure forms are accurate and approved in a timely manner.
* Review and approve Office of Inspector General settlement deposits for accuracy and timely submittal.
* Review and approve providers’ refunds and return checks to make sure deposits are completed in a timely manner.
* Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental and Financial Accounting Standards Board (GASB and FASB pronouncements and accrual and economic resources focus, and modified accrual and current financial resources focus basis of accounting. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
* Federal funding process related to programmatic expenditures including knowledge of the applicable Code of Federal Regulations (CFR’s) and the Cash Management Improvement Act (CMIA).
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point and Excel), and a robust accounting system.
* Supervisory techniques including staff motivation strategies and monitoring the work of others.
* Demonstrate independence, strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain and reconcile complex multiple funding source payment methodologies.
* Rules and regulations and processing of all programmatic invoices as outlined under the State of Arizona Accounting Manual and AHCCCS Policies.
* Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a closely related field.
* One year experience at the Accountant 4 level or equivalent.
* 3 years of experience as a supervisor or manager.
* Experience designing requirements, testing and implementing programs within a complex automated systems in order to produce financial control reports and statistical data for expenditure/appropriation monitoring.
* Knowledge and experience of robust automated accounting systems including AFIS (Arizona Financial Information System).
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
10 paid holidays per year
Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
A variety of learning and career development opportunities
Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
Program administered through Nationwide.
Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.