Title: Programmatic Payables Supervisor
Programmatic Payables Supervisor
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Programmatic Payables Supervisor
Salary: $57,000 - $60,000
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Supervisor I. The person in this position will be responsible for the Programmatic Accounts Payable Unit to ensure that all health plans/providers’ payments, claims and deposits are processed in a timely manner. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supervises team members’ workload, training and completion of annual evaluations.
* Responsible for the effective management and operations of programmatic payables unit, including the timely and accurate processing, issuance and reporting of all programmatic providers’ payments and processing of deposits to the State Treasury.
* Ensures that credit invoices ( GAXCM) and deposits are processed through AFIS to reimburse AHCCCS programmatic accounts.
* Oversee, Monitor, and Reply to Health Plan/Provider Customer Service ticket questions, concerns and requests.
* Provide supervision, training and monitor the accuracy and quality of all work products including the direct supervision of one Accountant I and indirect supervision of four accounting staff.
* Monitor unit call center for provider’s inquiries and requests.
* Management and operation of all receipts and expenditures to the accounting system as appropriate and reconciliation of activity which includes multiple funds.
* Monitor and track interfaced and manual entry invoices to ensure timely and accurate payments for 100% of all providers and health plans.
* Monitor the Acute, Long-Term Care and KidsCare programmatic expenditure appropriations and quarterly allotments recommending appropriation /allotment transfers as necessary to meet projected funding needs. Supervise fund transfers to other State Agencies for programmatic and administrative expenditures. Supervise financial reconciliation involving programmatic appropriated and nonappropriated expenditures, revenue, deposits, etc. Responsible to ensure that cash and appropriations are available to meet the Agency's needs for pass through to other agencies.
* Review and approve providers’ EFT’s application to ensure forms are accurate and approved in a timely manner.
* Review and approve Office of Inspector General settlement deposits for accuracy and timely submittal.
* Review and approve providers’ refunds and return checks to make sure deposits are completed in a timely manner.
* Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental and Financial Accounting Standards Board (GASB and FASB pronouncements and accrual and economic resources focus, and modified accrual and current financial resources focus basis of accounting. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
* Knowledge of the Federal funding process related to programmatic expenditures including knowledge of the applicable Code of Federal Regulations (CFR’s) and the Cash Management Improvement Act (CMIA).
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point and Excel), and a robust accounting system.
* Supervisory techniques including staff motivation strategies and monitoring the work of others.
* Demonstrate independence, strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain and reconcile complex multiple funding source payment methodologies.
* Rules and regulations and processing of all programmatic invoices as outlined under the State of Arizona Accounting Manual and AHCCCS Policies.
* Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a closely related field.
* One year experience at the Accountant 4 level or equivalent.
* Experience designing requirements, testing and implementing programs within a complex automated systems in order to produce financial control reports and statistical data for expenditure/appropriation monitoring.
* Knowledge and experience of robust automated accounting systems including AFIS (Arizona Financial Information System).
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.