Title: Programmatic Payables Accounting Specialist 2
Programmatic Payables Accounting Specialist 2
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Programmatic Payables Accounting Specialist 2
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Salary: $39,284 - $42,000
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Specialist 2 . This position is responsible for management of multiple funds for expenditures, transfers and reconciliations; assuring timely disbursement/transmittal of payments to health plans and providers ; and to assist in preparation of and monitoring of expenditures, revenues and appropriation analysis for multiple funds and programs. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Prepares and monitors expenditures, revenues and appropriation analysis for multiple funds and programs; review all documents as an internal control. .
* Management of multiple funds and its expenditures, transfers, and reconciliations.
* Assures timely correspondence of payment information to health plans and providers.
* Prepares and tracks transfers, balance the state match funds to the state accounting system, manual entry payments and providers ACH setups and updates.
* Daily balancing of accounting systems.
* Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and ACCESS Databases), mainframe and automated accounting systems.
* Knowledge of reconciliation process to ensure all agency reports are reconciled with the state accounting system and understanding of the hierarchy of funding codes contained within the accounting system and the flow of the information through the system from initial input to payment and reporting.
* Skill in work organization and accomplishment; analysis, interpretation, and communication of financial data; spreadsheet and database development; oral and written communication; problem solving techniques.
* Knowledge of the complex funding sources to ensure correct funding is applied to the documents processed for the appropriated State and Federal funds to maximize the federal funding to the agency based on the federal reporting requirements.
* Ability to write reports summarizing financial data compilation, interpretation, analysis; the ability to write operating procedures for work assignments; the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high paced, continuously changing environment with frequent interruptions.
* High school diploma, GED.
* One year level accounting experience plus Bachelor's.
* AHCCCS rules, policies and procedures, AHCCCS PMMIS mainframe systems, Oracle, ERATS, Windows Excel and Word, personal computer systems, Bank of America Cash Pro, and AFIS accounting system.
* Associates Degree in Accounting or Bookkeeping is a plus.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.