Title: Program Specialist
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Division of Health Care Management
Address: 801 E Jefferson Street. Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Open to fill
Salary: $50,000 - $56,000
The Division of Health Care Management is seeking a Program Specialist, under the direction of the Fee for Service (FFS) Rates Manager, this position is responsible for the following: developing and managing assigned FFS schedules, including conducting fiscal impact analysis to the State or providers and implementing any changes; researching, analyzing, and implementing differential adjusted payment policies; assisting in drafting public notices and rule changes; assisting in the coordination of organ transplants.
* Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance (KidsCare) Programs and systems as well as general health policy principles, concepts and practices.
* Federal and State laws and regulations related to Medicaid and other Federal and State health programs.
* Legislative and Administrative processes related to Federal and State health programs.
* Principles related to health policy research.
* Operational dependencies within AHCCCS and between AHCCCS and other agencies.
* Statistical analysis, financial forecasting and program performance analysis techniques.
* Managing projects
* Excellent research and analytical skills.
* Strong political acumen and sense of discretion.
* Critical writing and planning skills.
* Leading cross-divisional teams to accomplish a unified goal.
* Adapt to a rapidly changing environment and priorities.
* Conceptualize new health policy proposals and develop recommendations.
* Propose solutions to complex policy issues.
* Advanced interpersonal abilities including excellent relationship development, management, teamwork and oral and written communication skills.
Arizona Drivers License
Minimum: Three years of management analyst experience appropriate to the assignment; OR five years of experience appropriate to the assignment. Bachelors or Master's degree in a field appropriate to the assignment with substitute for one or two years of the required experience respectively, but will not substitute for required management analysis experience.
Preferred: Five years of Medicaid managed health care programs prefer. Finance, business, economics, policy or data analysis degree; Five years of experience with Arizona marketplace or other Medicaid managed care environment.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.