Title: Program/Project Management Manager - IT
Program/Project Management Manager - IT
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Program Management Manager
Information Services Division
1st review of resume on 11/7/2022
Location: 801 E. Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Program/ Project Management Manager. This role is responsible for driving initiatives, supervising staff, and managing project execution to ensure adherence to schedule, scope, and overall project success. This position will have oversite of ISD projects and project staff for various implementations. Responsibilities include managing objectives, schedules, staffing, and potential barriers; monitor and/or track project milestones/deliverables and new initiatives.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
? Manages ISD project management, vendor management, and staff activities. Leads the planning and/or implementation of projects leveraging repeatable standards and practices where possible. Defines, designs, and manages new project and vendor management approaches. List duties here
? Supervises staff by defining and establishing timelines and project schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction, and dealing with administrative issues as needed. Trains staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques. Coaches team members on performance, completes employee performance evaluations and recommends pay actions. List duties here
? Facilitates the definition of project management goals, tasks, and resource requirements. Develop methods to monitor program or area progress and takes corrective action. Ensures that the agreed upon service levels and customer requirements are met.
? Drives initiatives and manages project execution to ensure adherence to schedule and scope. Develops or updates project plans for various implementations and software updates including the monitoring of project objectives, schedules, staffing and potential barriers/ risks. Monitors and tracks project milestones and deliverables.
? Both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
? Key IT processes including Incident management, change management, configuration management, capacity management, service continuity management, earned value management, and troubleshooting
? Information technology interdependencies across Information Technology disciplines
? People Management, Coaching, Counseling, Motivating.
? Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication
? Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
? Demonstrated ability in leading team(s) to design solutions for clients
? Manage projects including the establishment of objectives, scope, milestones and tracking tools
? Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work closely with Business and other IT organizations with a collaborative working style
? Bachelor’s degree plus 5 or more years of related experience in related discipline (or equivalent experience)
? Project Management Professional certification
? IT Project Management experience
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.