Title: Program Administrator 1
Program Administrator 1
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Program Administrator 1
The Division of Health Care Management
Address: 801 E Jefferson Street. Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Open Until Filled
Salary: $62,000 - $67,000
The Division of Health Care management is seeking an Program Administrator 1 who will oversee management of the AHCCCS Housing Program (AHP) rental subsidies and Housing Administrator Contract to maximize statewide housing for AHCCCS members, maintaining legal compliance, and ensuring housing quality and contractor accountability. Will involve travel to perform housing inspections.
* Housing First and other evidence-based practices related to development, financing, and programming related to housing and services for special need or vulnerable populations (e.g., persons with disabilities, persons experiencing homelessness, persons with behavioral health diagnoses)
* Medicaid systems of care and supportive services reimbursement
* Private and public sector housing and program funding and finance practices including federal, state, local, and private sector grants or programs
* Program research, development, and evaluation including data analysis, logic models, and performance improvement
* Government statutes, policies and contracting including review, drafting, updating, implementation, and compliance of statutory criteria
* Contract accountability and monitoring including review of written financial, programmatic, and operational information and data, site inspections, and consumer and stakeholder feedback
* Strong organizational and project management skills - plan and manage multiple projects, facilitate stakeholder input and meetings, create and organize documentation, track and follow up to maintain progress on short and long term goals, and work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and within all project parameters
* Strong written and verbal communication skills - communicate with diverse stakeholders and audiences both internally and externally including executive management, culturally diverse groups including tribal organizations, and AHCCCS members.
* Writing including grants, legal drafting and procurement materials - Must be skilled in producing succinct, clear and organized written documents that are appropriate for the intended audience.
* Risk Management - proactively identify, assess and provide recommendations to minimize risk and take advantage of opportunities.
* Team Building and Collaboration - Creating and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to expedite, facilitate, and include all necessary stakeholders in developing and achieving project objectives.
* Customer Service - Patience and focus to provide information and services necessary to meet key stakeholders needs and resolve issues to increase trust and reliability in AHCCCS.
* Working independently with minimal direction - Ability to identify both internal and external resources, data, stakeholders, and expertise to complete job duties.
* Organizing and prioritizing multiple projects and requests - Ability to prioritize tasks and requirements, communicate challenges, and deadlines to take advantage of a changing environment and opportunities
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships including other governmental stakeholders, internal AHCCCS staff and departments, community organizations, and other community housing partners
* Being thorough and detail oriented to ensure all projects and duties are completed accurately and efficiently
* Being open minded, flexible, and creative in order to find new strategies, skills, resources, and opportunities to meet the needs of AHCCCS members within available resources
* Empathizing with and a willingness to understand and address the needs of program members to be served
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Justice Studies, Social Work, Psychology, or a related field; and 1-2 years experience in a homeless services-related position (e.g. outreach, shelter services, supported housing, and permanent supportive housing); program monitoring or other data-specific experience.
Preferred: 3-5 years experience in a homeless services-related position (e.g. outreach, shelter services, supported housing, and permanent supportive housing).
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.