Title: Nurse Care Coordinator
Nurse Care Coordinator
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Nurse Care Coordinator
Division of Fee For Service Management
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled
Salary: $60,000 To $71,032
Must reside in the State of Arizona
This position is eligible for full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Division of Fee for Service Management is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Nurse Care Coordinator. Responsible for following and coordinating health care for the American Indian Health Program (AIHP) members in the High Needs High Cost (HNHC) program. The Nurse Care Coordinator facilitates clinical staffing with Tribal Regional Behavioral Health Authorities (TRBHAs) and other providers for tribal members with unusual and complex cases. This position has the potential to work from a Virtual Office (VO) setting or may telecommute based on the needs of the unit and at the discretion of leadership.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads all clinical staffing/ discussions and updates each member’s care plan with claims and encounters data for care coordination with the TRBHAs, IHS/638 facilities and/or behavioral health providers.
- Responsible for reviewing, revising, analyzing, and creating new claims and encounter data sets to inform clinical decisions that enable the team to care coordinate for HNHC.
- Participates in process improvement and other special projects, work groups and committees to improve efficiency of care coordination, utilization management and other Care Management Systems Unit (CMSU) functions.
- Participates in outreach efforts with IHS/638 facilities, including the American Indian Medical Home, along with other care coordination team members.
- Develops reporting/tracking/trending data to present to DFSM and agency management.
- Conducts contact work with the tribes to establish rapport and close collaboration with providers and facilities. Serves as back-up resource to all clinical functions in CMSU.
- Case management, care management, and care coordination concepts, principles and strategies.
- Medical and Behavioral healthcare management and delivery.
- Principles of medical nursing management and assessment.
- Problem solving-identification, evaluation and initiation of appropriate action; nursing and case management assessment.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written with FFS Providers
- Organization skills to coordinate, monitor and report on multiple cases simultaneously
- Strong ability to collaborate with others for a mutually beneficial outcome
- Interpret clinical information and assess implications for treatment
- Ability to read, interpret and apply complex rules and regulations
- Possession of a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Arizona and three (3) years of relevant experience.
? Certified Case Manager
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel ? is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.