Title: Management Analyst 4
Management Analyst 4
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Management Analyst 4
Division of Business & Finance
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85034
Open until filled
Salary: $55,000 - $61,000
This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Division of Business and Finance is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team, as a Management Analyst 4. This position is in the Rates Analysis and Incentives Unit and will have primary responsibility for assisting with the Directed Payments program and assisting with the collection of payment calculations and assisting with creating and reviewing of reports for accuracy. Some of the tasks of the role include assisting with researching, collecting, and analyzing calculation of payments to providers or MCOs. An important aspect of this role is assisting with accurate data collection for the CMS-required documents.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with preparation of Preprint documents for CMS submission and responses to CMS questions. Collecting data from multiple sources, including collaborating with other resources. Creating data reports for CMS preprints from multiple sources, including AHCCCS Cognos data warehouse as well as external sources.
- Support in evaluating existing and proposed administrative policies, procedures, systems and practices.
- Assist with reviewing for accuracy the preprint and payment information from other reporting departments, identify errors, and make recommendations for corrections.
- Compiles information, analyzes findings, and recommends practical solutions.
- Support with the facilitation of communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Data processing principles, concepts and current practices within AHCCCS and the Contractors;
- Appropriate techniques for the analysis of encounter information, claims, encounter processing, concepts and industry practices encounter Data methodology and operations;
- Understanding of contractual requirements, policy and procedures related to the submission and oversight of encounter submissions;
- Professional standards, methods, forms and procedures for the reporting of medical claims/encounter information;
- How data is used in research investigations, research methodologies;
- Versed in ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS coding and National Drug Codes;
- Thorough knowledge of computerized Prepaid Medicaid Management Information System (PMMIS) and the Transaction Insight Portal, Knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare programs and services;
- Word, Access, Excel, Power-point and Outlook;
- Team and interpersonal skills and Oral and written communication skills, including grammar;
- Problem solving as it relates to position;
- Organizational skills.
- Analyze complex problems and draw logical conclusions based in information from several sources, including plan surveys, and
discussions with technical personnel;
- Interpret and understand documented medical information of a more complex nature;
- Express technical information in a clear and concise manner;
- Calculate basic statistics;
- Obtain cooperation of Contractors and secure acceptance of recommendations and communicate effectively when interacting with persons in a variety of settings, including personnel from Contractors;
- Three years of managing analysis experience appropriate to Financial data. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or
economics will substitute for two years of required experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, health administration, or related field. Experience Medicaid managed
health care programs. Coursework in intermediate level statistics, applied research methodology, accounting/finance, & healthcare
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $55,000 to $61,000/year
$55,000 - $61,000
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 516018