Title: Human Resources Operations Manager
Human Resources Operations Manager
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Human Resources Operations Manager
Division of Human Resources and Development
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix Arizona 85034
Salary: $70,000 - $75,000
Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on 6/24/2022
This position may be eligible for remote work within Arizona (3 days per week in office)
This position reports to the Deputy Chief Human Resources Officer, and will perform professional level work of considerable difficulty leading and managing the day to day operations of all HR Recruitment and Operations functions within the Agency. These functions include but are not limited to: Full Cycle Recruitment, HRIS data entry, employee benefits, record-keeping, personnel file maintenance, position maintenance, classification and compensation, customer service.
The position is a member of the HR Leadership team and will contribute to Agency and division specific strategy-based goals, and results driven objectives as well as participate in LEAN management process initiatives. major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading and managing the day to day functions of the Operations & Recruitment Teams.
- Reviewing, researching, developing & implementing HR policies and procedures
- Developing resources, tools and providing training as needed for areas of oversight.
- Developing and implementing strategic initiatives in support of Agency and division goals.
- Researching and compiling analytics to measure effectiveness of HR practices.
- Performing HR related audits for compliance and quality control.
- Complying with all federal, state employment laws, personnel rules, statewide and agency policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Providing professional level guidance on HR matters to all levels of staff and leadership within the Agency.
- Establishing, participating and leading Continuous Improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
* HR management principles and best practices
* Federal and State employment laws, statutes and Arizona Administrative Code (State Personnel Rules)
* Strategic planning and consultative approaches
* Statistical analysis techniques and research methods
* LEAN or other process improvement methodologies
* Written and verbal communication
Interpreting rules & regulations
* Providing guidance and consultative services to employees at all levels
* Conflict resolution
* Analyzing statistical data
* Reasoning and diplomacy
* Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & PowerPoint and Google suite
* Supervisory techniques & practices that include staff development & recognition
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels
* Set own work agenda and establish priorities
* Adapt to change and shifting priorities
* Lead, coach and motivate employees
* Establish and monitor work for others
* Deal diplomatically with a diverse customer base
* Manage multiple projects, conflicting priorities and deadlines
* Plan and negotiate with stakeholders
Communicate effectively both in person and writing
* Analyze and address complex issues and prepare and present complex written and oral reports
* Collect and analyze data relevant to HR functional areas
Minimum: Any combination of training and experience that meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs); typical ways KSAs are obtained may include but are not limited to: relevant degree from an accredited college or university, coursework and work
experience relevant to assignment.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Human Resources or related field and experience in public or personnel administration. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Society for Human Resource Management (SHCM) a plus.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.