Title: Health Program Manager 2
Health Program Manager 2
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Health Program Manager 2
Address: 7202 East Rosewood Street, Suite 125, Tucson, Arizona 85710
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (1st review of resumes on 6/23/2022)
Remote Work: This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
OPEN TO AHCCCS EMPLOYEES ONLY
The Division of Member Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Health Program Manager II for the Tucson ALTCS Office. This position supervises and manages a staff of medical eligibility specialist, financial eligibility specialist, and supervisors who are responsible for determining the eligibility of potential and continuing members who work with the administration of the Arizona Long Term Care (ALTCS), Medicare Savings Programs (MSP) and Medical Assistance - Specialty Programs (MA-SP). Position monitors reports; timely actions; oversees case completion; monitors and evaluates job performance; consults with management and supervisory staff to provide technical assistance; and assists the Regional Manager with office functions. Statewide travel with possible overnight stays. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Ensure that uniform interpretations and application of State and Federal laws, agency policies and rules and regulations governing ALTCS, MCS, and MA-SP programs and other related program activities are maintained. Resolving escalated issues and making referrals as appropriate.
* Monitoring the timeliness of eligibility determinations. Updating and utilizing reports to ensure determinations are made within 45 days. Following up with staff on cases approaching or exceeding the due date. Being proactive by ensuring timely determinations are made.
* Monitoring the quality of eligibility determinations. Completing pre-disposition QA reviews as needed. Following up with staff on QA findings. Developing corrective action plans in response to QA findings and being proactive by ensuring consistent quality determinations are made.
* Manage and develop financial and medical staff and supervisors. Conducting regular unit meetings to ensure information is given to staff in a timely manner, attending staff meetings. Holding weekly meetings to review pending reports. Meeting no less than monthly with direct reports for performance conferences.
* Champion AMS in Eligibility Operations and provide guidance, insight and support to the lag and lead goals at the administrative and operational levels. Mentor supervisors to develop an operationally efficient and highly performing engaged workforce. Creating and maintaining an atmosphere in support of division/ agency vision and culture resulting in high morale and employee involvement.
* Works with office logistics along with ordering and assigning computer, phone and other technology for employees.
* Participating in problem solving and/or planning work groups. Conducting orientation and on the job training for staff.
* Due to COVID-19 precautions the recruiting process has been adjusted to meet the standard health guidelines outlined by the State. Interviews will be conducted virtually and may also be by way of video conference utilizing a platform like Google Meet/Hangouts or Zoom.
* ALTCS Medical and Financial eligibility and MCS and MA-SP Federal and State rules, regulations, policies and procedures and of personnel rules, policies and procedures
* Tasks and functions performed by ALTCS supervisors, financial and medical eligibility staff, clerical staff and central office staff
* Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) process and how findings relate to the specific functions performed by staff
* Functions of other divisions and administrations and how their work affects the operations of ALTCS
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with professional subordinates while evaluating their work and recommending changes
* Organizational, prioritizing, scheduling, coordinating and implementing workload
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively manage staff and interact with program contractors, health plans and AHCCCS members
* Interpret, analyze and apply current laws, rules, regulations and policies
* Direct subordinates and determine work assignments
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Arizona driver license.
* Three years of professional experience related to health program in Aging, Development/Physical Disabilities or Mental Health, which include program planning or administration.
* A Master’s Degree in Nursing, Social Work, Rehabilitation, Counseling, Education, Sociology, Psychology or closely related field may substitute for one year of experience.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
-10 paid holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
-A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
-A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
-Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
-A variety of learning and career development opportunities
-Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
Program administered through Nationwide.
Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.