Title: HC Financial Consultant
HC Financial Consultant
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Health Care Financial Consultant
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $66,000 - $79,750
Must reside in the state of Arizona
This position is eligible for full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Health Care Financial Consultant. This position will assist the AHCCCS DBF Actuarial Team team with capitation rate development including capitation and other payments, help monitor the financial stability and encounter experience of the Medicaid Contractors providing Medicaid services to members under managed care contracts, help with Requests For Proposals (RFP), and clearly and accurately document all processes for review by a supervisor. Is responsible for learning, understanding, and applying knowledge related to regulations and guidance propagated by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as well as the CMS Office of the Actuary (OACT) as part of the capitation rate development and review process. This position will also be responsible for ad hoc analyses as assigned, as well as reviewing revisions to policies/contracts/laws/regulations for impacts to AHCCCS programs, and implementing process improvements as appropriate. Will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including clinical, financial, operational, rates and reimbursement, directed payments, budget, policy and contract areas.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist with capitation rate development for one or more managed care programs. This can include the preparation of financial and encounter data, directed payments and rates and reimbursement data, as well as data modeling and analysis to support the signing actuaries for the managed care programs.
* Assist with reviewing the accuracy of information from other reporting departments, as well as reviewing other managed care programs for quality control purposes, including verifying source data, accuracy of formulas, documentation of assumptions and methodologies, and capitation rate certification review in order to identify errors or concerns, and make recommendations for corrections.
* Research, collect, analyze, document, and present complex data, including financial data and analysis.
* Gain familiarity with policies/laws/regulations and review revisions to the same for impacts to AHCCCS programs, implement process improvements as appropriate.
* Assist with preparation of data supplement items, keeping and tracking a timeline of deliverables, updating reports, and submitting items to be posted to the AHCCCS website for Capitation Rate Certifications, RFPs, and other projects.
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, including follow-up communication on a normal basis.
* Financial Analysis principles
* Accounting and financial reporting
* Administrative policies and procedures
* Health care industry and delivery systems, preferably Medicaid managed care
* Audits or reconciliation
* Data Warehouse or claims & encounter analysis
* Statistical methods
* Analytical terminology
* Health care terminology
* Google, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other comparable software programs
* Cognos (preferred)
* Above average analyst skills
* Above average Excel skills
* Attention to detail
* Project management skills
* Researching and collecting data from multiple sources
* Documenting and presenting data in a format appropriate to the audience
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Problem solving
* Effective project coordination skills.
* Work in a virtual office setting
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Work collaboratively in a team setting
* Prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Work independently and manage time efficiently
* Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance, accounting, economics, or statistics. Bachelor's degree in other majors in combination with two years experience with healthcare financial analysis (or equivalent experience).
* Experience with Medicaid managed healthcare preferred.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* As part of the interview process, an exercise on data analysis may be required.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* Paid Parental Leave-Up to 12 weeks per year paid leave for newborn or newly-placed foster/adopted child (pilot program).
* Other Leaves - Bereavement, civic duty, and military.
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.