Title: HC Financial Consultant
HC Financial Consultant
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
HC Financial Consultant
Division of Business & Finance
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Open until filled
Salary: $65,000 - $72,000
This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Division of Health Care Management is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an HC Financial Consultant. This position is in the Rates Analysis and Incentives Unit and will have primary responsibility for assisting management with the Directed Payments program and executing processes from start to finish, including collection of payment calculations and assisting with creating and reviewing reports for accuracy. Some of the tasks of the role include researching, collecting, and analyzing calculation of payments to providers or MCOs. An important aspect of this role is the accurate collection of complex data for CMS-required documents. In this role, the position will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including actuarial, clinical, financial, operational, rates and reimbursement, and policy areas, to advance delivery system and provider payment initiatives that improve health outcomes.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare required deliverables for submittal to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS), including Section 438.6(c) preprints for Access to Professional Services Initiative(APSI), Pediatric Services Initiative(PSI), Differential Adjusted Payments(DAP),Targeted Investments(TI), Nursing Facility Directed Payments, and similar programs. Gather nationally calculated performance measures and summarize for CMS preprint reporting.
- Assist and support with the implementation of Directed Payment policies and standardized processes.
- Research, collect, analyze, and present complex data in an accessible format for leadership review and CMS submission.
- Assist with reviewing for accuracy the preprint and payment information from other reporting departments, identify errors, and make recommendations for corrections.
- Facilitate communication with internal and external stakeholders, including follow-up communication as needed.
- Financial Analysis principles, accounting and financial reporting and statistical methods.
- Administrative policies and procedures.
- Managed care services contract provisions.
- Health Care programs and principles and models of prepaid health programs.
- Audits or reconciliation, data Warehouse or claims & encounter data elements.
- Health care terminology and analytical terminology.
- Cognos (preferred), Google, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other comparable software program.
- Above average analyst skills and Excel.
- Project management skills.
- Researching and collecting data from multiple sources, presenting data in appropriate reporting format.
- Written and verbal communication skills involving statistics.
- Data management.
- Statistical analysis and research.
- Basic project coordination skills, problem solving.
- Work in a virtual office setting and work collaboratively in a small team.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, statistics, health care management, or related field and combination of four years
experience with financial analysis and/or capitation rate setting.
- Experience with Medicaid managed health care preferred.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $65,000 to $72,000/year
$65,000 - $72,000
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 516056