Title: Grants Manager
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
Closing Date: Open until filled 1st review of resumes on (9/16/22)
The Arizona Advisory Council on Indian Health Care is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Grants Manager. This is a grant funded position that will oversee the American Indian Health - Areas Health Education Center as the primary contact for this program. Responsibilities include running the AIH-AHEC center, report writing, coordinating program activities, procuring and executing contracts and IGAs, and budget management. Reporting to the AACIHC Director, the Grant Manager is a grant funded position that oversees the implementation, program objectives, reporting and overall management in implementing the AIH-AHEC program/grant.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects that are funded by the grant.
* Ability to implement and present at both in-person and virtual trainings, meetings, and conferences.
* Develop and expand collaborative partnerships and/or relationships with health, governmental, tribal, social service, educational, and other organizations and individuals where the AIH-AHEC and AACIHC mission and strategic goals align.
* Establishes internal controls to assure all data reflecting achievement of contract is entered in a timely and accurate manner, including regular validation of entries.
* Administrative and management practices associated with grant/program management
* Knowledge of policies, procedures and programs of tribal health care delivery systems,
public health systems, and emergency response systems and how they interact with
state and federal systems.
* Computer Skills, including experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Products and Online
virtual meeting platforms
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication applicable to the coordination of
diverse stakeholder groups
* Extensive contact with various diversified sectors of the Tribal environment
* Strong writing and editing skills, ability to validate data entry functions
* Ability to manage multiple tasks within a dynamic work environment, prioritizing tasks to
ensure timelines are met.
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working community relationships
* Ability to assist in preparation of budgets and financial/grant reports
* Master’s in Health Admin or Public Health
* 3-5 years of experience in public health, Tribal Health Systems, or community health programming
* Valid State Driver's License
* Experience in working with Tribal organizations and a knowledge of Indigenous cultures is
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.