Title: Grants Coordinator
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Division of Grant Administration
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until Filled: 1st review of resumes on 11/30/2022
This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Division of Grants Management is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Grant Coordinator. At the direction of the Grants Manager, this position will perform work of significant difficulty to provide financial oversight for AHCCCS' portfolio of grants (block and/or discretionary). The functions include monitoring the grants for compliance with federal and state regulations, providing technical assistance to various internal and external stakeholders, and contractor expenditure report (CER) reviews. The position will also be responsible for ensuring federal compliance with grant requirements, compliance with all federal reporting and entering all relevant information into E-Civis. The position is grant funded and may be eliminated based on the availability of funding.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze and provide consistent review of Contractor Expenditure Reports (CERs) for completion, accuracy, and allowability of expenses and ensure expenditures are in compliance with grant and State regulations. Process approved CERs/invoices e.g. processes CER/invoice packets for internal approvals, coding to appropriate contact for payment, and tracking the CER from receipt to payment completion.
- Responsible for the preparation of grant applications, as applicable to finance responsibilities such as review of funding requests (notice of funding opportunities), coordination of grant preparation and submission deadlines, assist manager with budget development in accordance with grant requirements and other regulations.
- Responsible for Communication with internal and external stakeholders and other requirements necessary for grant submission. Responsible for the completion of Federal reports for SAMHSA review based on assigned grants, such as grant reconciliations at closeout, gathering required FFATA information, and other grant required reporting.
- Develop and review of allocation letters, scopes of work, contract amendments, and other project narratives.
Track document revisions (budgets, allocations, etc.) and provide status updates to supervisor and others.
Participates in various internal/stakeholder meetings as required to provide technical assistance.
- Maintain various financial spreadsheets/trackers, and assist in creating and maintaining Standard Work to
document all financial processes as it pertains to the assigned grants. Prepare monthly expenditure reports and administration reconciliations of grant activity in coordination with supervisor. Produce financial reports as needed. Serve as the point of contact for CER status and other assigned responsibilities.
- Provide technical assistance to contractors, other State agencies, and internal & external staff on federal grant requirements. Conduct research analysis within Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) guidelines, State regulations, State accounting policies and other pertinent authoritative policies as needed.
- State government, governmental accounting, accounting software, and systems.
- Federal Grants Management, Federal Regulations, and grant policies and procedures.
- State Procurement Code, Arizona Procurement Portal (APP), and Policies and Procedures.
- Budgetary and financial requirements, internal control, fiscal management, procurement, and contracts management.
- Problem analysis & resolution.
- Extensive Financial Analysis & interpretation of financial data.
- Complete difficult analytic work.
- Prioritize & manage multiple complex assignments.
- Accept responsibility & interact with a diverse audience on a professional level.
- 5 years experience in mid level accounting work OR Bachelor's degree in any field 1 year experience, accounting/finance/business OR Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance/business.
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
- Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
- Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension, or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
- A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
- A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- A variety of learning and career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.