Title: Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Senior Medicaid Rates Analyst
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $85,000 - $92,400
Must reside in the State of Arizona
This position is eligible for part-time/ full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Medicaid Rates Analyst. This position serves as an agency resource for hospital finance & financial reporting issues. The position is responsible for calculating several hospital funding distributions and for numerous AHCCCS reporting requirements related to hospital reimbursement, profitability, uncompensated care, and the assessment on Arizona hospitals established in Laws 2013, First Special Session, Chapter 10 and Laws 2020, First Session, Chapter 46.
This position will be 100% virtual office with the occasional requirement to meet in the office for meetings.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for all aspects of both the Hospital Assessment Fund (HAF) and the Health Care Investment Fund (HCIF) including development of assessment models producing appx. $1 billion of assessment funds, coordination of the distribution of $1 billion of directed payments, and implementation of required regulatory documents for the State Plan, AZ Administrative Code, and policy.
* Oversight and implementation of the $400 million IGT and State-Funded Graduate Medical Education program for hospitals and the Community Health Centers Graduate Medical Education. This includes calculation of payments, communication and oversight of IGTs, and updates to CMS and State requirements. Assist with other hospital supplemental payments as needed.
* Provide support on CMS or legislative reports by assisting with research, data analysis, and writing reports. Including but not limited to; uncompensated care, hospital profitability, price transparency, emergency room usage, cost and benefit of hospital assessment, funding allocations and other hospital reporting.
* Communicate with hospitals for submission of financial information, IGAs, and other materials needed to secure supplemental funding; track hospital payments, communicate with hospitals about agency policy and payment issues.
* Provide technical expertise for revision to, and participate in revising Arizona Administrative Code, Medicaid State Plan, 1115 Waiver, and other policies and procedures as they related to hospital funding
* Advanced knowledge of hospital reimbursement, hospital financial statement preparation & analysis
* Medicare cost report & Uniform Accounting Report preparation & analysis
* Research techniques for collecting, analyzing, interpreting & communicating results to others
* Health care, including concepts of health care management & operations & prepaid managed care programs
* Extensive knowledge of Title XIX & the Social Security Act
* AHCCCS rules & regulations, operating policies & procedures, the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
* Regulations relating to Title XIX Hospital Service Programs & Payment including AHCCCS' hospital reimbursement methodology, the related database & calculation steps for rate updates development, implementation & evaluation of hospital reimbursement systems
* Proven advanced, analytical, and modeling skills
* Proficient in the use of sophisticated analytical software programs
* Analysis, evaluation & resolution of complex problems
* Excellent interpersonal skills in one-on-one as well as large groups
* Effective collaboration skills with a diverse work force
* Project management to meet goals & deadlines
* Effective written & verbal communications
* Advanced Excel skills
* Effectively lead and/or facilitate a team of professionals from within and/or outside the agency
* Multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Produce work products with limited supervision
* Collect, analyze & interpret charge & cost data relating to AHCCCS covered service programs & reimbursement policies & procedures
* Bachelor's Degree in economics, business, finance, healthcare or related field and 3 years of related experience (OR equivalent experience).
* Two to three years working in a managed care environment with one-year supervisory experience.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* As part of the interview process, an exercise on data analysis may be required.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* Paid Parental Leave-Up to 12 weeks per year paid leave for newborn or newly-placed foster/adopted child (pilot program).
* Other Leaves - Bereavement, civic duty, and military.
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.