Title: Financial Manager
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Division of Grant Administration
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
Looking to make a difference in people's lives? AHCCCS is looking for a Financial Manager to help support the Agency’s mission of reaching across Arizona to provide comprehensive, quality health care to those in need. Under the direction of the Financial Administrator, this position will perform work of significant difficulty, managing the Mental Health Block Grant. This position will provide oversight on financial matters within this funding line of business and will be required to provide administrative supervision of staff. This position will serve as a liaison to contractors in receipt of the funding identified and will provide technical assistance and coordination with other internal divisions as needed, to meet the needs of these funding requirements, to include contractor expenditure report completion, budget availability, and education on rules.
Major duties include:
- Federal Grants Management and Reporting to include completion of all tables for the Block Grant Application(s) and reports; completion of the Maintenance of Effort (MOE); completion of the CLIFF data reporting for the AHCCCS budget; management of the block grant administrative requirements and sub-recipient requirements in
- Management of all FFATA reporting; management of the 90-day closeout grant process; completion of the reconciliation for the Federal Financial Report; and project management of all block grant activities.
- Federal Grant Monitoring to include compliance with all grant terms and conditions, block grant requirements including specified set-asides, block grant revenue, expenditures, and budget in AFIS; authorized allotments in the Payment Management System (PMS); and Sub-Recipient monitoring. Coordination with other Divisions to ensure the grant is tracked separately in Accounting system (e.g. establishment of accounting profiles, ETE drop downs, etc).
- Preparation and review of all block grant schedules & payments; conduct extensive complex financial analysis; allocation of grant funds; preparation of budget documents & internal spreadsheets; review of Contractor Expenditure Reports (CERs)/Invoices; review of RBHA/TRBHA/Contractor budgets & narratives; and
preparation of materials for audits, site visits, and other ad hoc requests for information.
- Preparation & review of all required financial language including contractor policy language, operating manuals, internal policies & procedures, operational review tools, and contract language to ensure financial requirements are in compliance with federal grant requirements, the State of Arizona Accounting Manual (SAAM), and
- Supervise, train, and provide clear direction and communication to direct reports. Monitor and spot check direct report's outputs (e.g CER review, spreadsheets, etc.) for quality and quantity. Establish a process to track direct reports' work product and utilize data for employee discussion (via 1:1, email etc), mid-point and annual evaluations, or other.
- Research & analysis to provide technical assistance to internal & external stakeholders on federal grant requirements. Act as financial liaison with other State agencies & contracted entities.
? State government, governmental accounting, accounting software, and systems;
? Federal Grants Management, Federal Regulations, and grant policies and procedures;
? State Appropriations
? State Procurement Code, Arizona Procurement Portal (APP), State of Arizona Accounting Manual (SAAM) and Policies and Procedures; and
? Methods, techniques, and procedures for providing effective technical assistance and quality assurance.
? AMS Principles
? Problem analysis & resolution;
? Written & Verbal Communications;
? Extensive Financial Analysis & interpretation of financial data;
? Multiple computer programs and software;
? Federal Grant Systems; and
? Facilitating & leading meetings.
? Project Management
? Communicate effectively in verbal & written form;
? Complete difficult analytic work;
? Adapt and perform in a dynamic environment;
? Work individually & in a team
? Prioritize & manage multiple complex assignments;
? Accept responsibility & interact with a diverse audience on a professional level;
? Facilitate & lead meetings with all levels of management both internally & externally;
? Think independently & make sound decisions consistent with Department mission, vision, and values; and
? Organize and present information in structured & non-structured settings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field and 3 years exp. in budgeting, and extensive experience using spreadsheet and database systems.
- Master's degree in a related field may substitute for 2 years of the required experience.
- Familiarity with the government accounting.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.