Title: FINANCIAL ANALYST
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Financial Review Committee Analyst
Address: 801 E. Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Closing Date: Open until filled
Anticipated Salary: $ 84,100 - 89,100
Must reside in the state of Arizona
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Division of Business and Finance - Rates Analysis and Incentives Unit is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Analyst. This position will extract data from the agency’s data warehouse and will work collaboratively with clinical, operational, policy, and financial staff throughout the agency to forecast the cost of policy and other programmatic changes.
Major duties and responsibilities included, but not limited to:
* Prepare realistic fiscal impacts of changes in a wide variety of health benefits, provider and member eligibility and other areas across the agency. Creatively incorporate and extrapolate from background research performed by the analyst both within the agency and across policy and other websites and sources of information. Present these forecasts to agency leadership and lead the discussion in the Financial Review Committee. Once approved, communicate these cost impacts to the actuarial team for inclusion in the capitation rates paid to managed care contractors. Assist in other analyses.
* Prepare defensible fiscal impact projections for a variety of legislative issues, including bills that are being considered by the legislature. To do so, the position will need to understand, and produce cost estimates for, proposed and/or final legislative changes which are expected to have a fiscal impact. Interpret and model proposed and passed federal policy changes.
* Assist the Pharmacy Director in preparing materials for Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee meetings, as needed.
* Budgeting and/or financial analysis principles
* Forecasting and statistical concepts
* Health Care programs and principles and models of prepaid health programs
* Policy, budgeting, and financial analysis
* Effective communication and writing
* Data querying and extraction
* Advanced Excel skills
* Effective presentation skills
* Enquire and research concepts that are under development
* Extrapolate and forecast from limited information
* Work independently
* Work effectively in a virtual office setting
Minimum: Combination of four years experience with financial/budgeting analysis or policy analysis and forecasting required.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, health administration, or related field. Experience with Medicaid managed health care programs. Experience preparing fiscal impacts to inform decision making on policy and budgeting.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.