Title: Financial Analyst
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street Phoenix, AZ 85034
Salary: $78,100 - $89,100
Closing Date: Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on (7/18/22)
Remote Work: This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Analyst. This position in the Division of Health Care Management - Rates Analysis and Incentives Unit. This position will be responsible for fiscal impact analysis for the Financial Review Committee. The position will develop cost impacts of changes for inclusion in the capitation rates paid to managed care contractors and assist in other analyses. The position may assist the team with capitation rate development and help monitor the financial stability of the Contractors that provide medical care to members for five programs.
* Preparation of fiscal impacts and presentation of results to agency leadership (Financial Review Committee). Develop cost impacts of changes for inclusion in the capitation rates paid to managed care contractors and assist in other analyses.
* Prepare realistic fiscal impact projections for a variety of legislative & policy issues. Work collaboratively with clinical, operation, policy & financial staff throughout the Agency to understand proposed and/or final legislative & policy issues expected to have a fiscal impact. Interpret and model proposed and passed federal policy changes.
* Prepare fiscal impact projections for newly developed capitation rates. Present by AHCCCS line of business and/or rate cell. Present analysis to the actuarial team. Summarize fiscal analysis in writing for inclusion in actuarial certifications. Produce publishable tables containing complex data.
* Assist the Pharmacy Director in preparing materials for Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee meetings, as needed.
* Health Care programs and principles and models of prepaid health programs
* Financial Analysis principles
* AHCCCS managed care services contract provisions
* Project management skills
* Financial statement review and analysis experience
* Work independently
* Work in a virtual office setting
* Combination of four years experience with financial analysis or capitation rate setting required.
* Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, health administration, or related field.
* Experience with Medicaid managed health care programs.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.