Title: Financial Analyst
- REMOTE OPTIONS
- Closing at: May 20 2022 at 23:55 MST
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst position is responsible for monitoring and assessing managed care organizations and sister state agencies contractual compliance relating to financial reporting and finance deliverables. This position also develops and prepares numerous summary reports for all levels of management for both internal and external stakeholders by analyzing, validating and summarizing the Contractor's self-reported information. The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop, prepare and distribute quarterly a variety of reports, charts and graphs including: financial summaries for the Acute, ALTCS, MAPD, CRS and CMDP programs, verification of receipt of services summary report, cost avoidance/savings/recoveries summary report, utilization reports.
* Develop, prepare and distribute monthly a variety of reports, charts and graphs including: claims payment dashboard charts and graphs, capitation report and performance bond summary, enrollment and demographic reports.
* Download and file contractors’ financial deliverables.
* Prepare the semi-annual CHEAT Sheet every May and November.
* Work directly with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the DHCM management team, prepare the annual CMS enrollment survey as well as address any questions they may have.
* Provide technical assistance to and/or address questions from Contractors relating to financial reporting data elements on an as needed basis.
* Accounting principles and auditing practices.
* Health care industry and delivery systems preferably managed care.
* Software applications including but not limited to: Excel, MS Access, Cognos, PowerPoint.
* Plan, organize and multi-task to ensure completion of multiple work assignments within required timeframes.
* Interpret federal and state laws as well as agency contracts and policies.
* Ability to reason, form concepts and solve problems using unfamiliar information or new procedures.
* At least two years professional level health care organization experience preferably as an auditor/analyst.
* Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.