Title: Executive Project Coordinator
Executive Project Coordinator
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
EXECUTIVE PROJECT COORDINATOR
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Salary: $52,000 - $62,000
Closing Date: Open until filled-1st review of resumes on (9/14/22)
Remote Work: This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Arizona Advisory Council on Indian Health Care is looking for highly motivated individual to join our team as an Executive Project Coordinator. Reporting to the Director, the Executive Project Coordinator is a grant funded position that will assist with project implementation and assist to accomplish agency goals and deliverables. Additionally, the Executive Project Coordinator will accomplish goals and deliverables for implementation of a section of the Arizona Health Improvement Plan (AzHIP). The AzHIP provides a structure and a venue bringing together a networked system of partners to improve the health of communities and individuals across Arizona. The Executive Project Coordinator will work closely with Tribal and Indian Health Leaders, and State Leadership.
* Establish a MOU between AACIHC and State Partners. Research, improve or implement training on how to work with Tribal Nations and Communities for state workers. Create a joint training for Tribal Leaders/Executives on the following but not limited to goals, programs, and structure of the five (5) state agencies. Coordinate a State-Tribal Epidemiology Summit that informs Tribes on the data that state agencies collect and how it may be accessed. Conduct a needs and resource assessment of Housing needs for American Indians (AIs) in Arizona.
* Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget. Assists business partner recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Provides Technical Assistance to a variety of projects.
* Maintains knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures; disseminates and/or presents changes to departments and advises on the implementation of changes, and on the impact of changes on funded operations.
* Maintain communication support for the agency, ie: website, newsletter, email, and social media. Attends all meetings that are assigned to the position. Communicates with other state agencies, tribal stakeholders, AACOIHC partners, and other entities.
* Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing research, contracts, and A.R.S. Statute. Able to summarize information and identify trends. Conducts policy and factual research, analyzes issues, cross-checks and validates information, prepares written correspondence, and analyzes statutes, rules, and policy for their applicability to specific situations.
* Policies, procedures and programs of tribal sovereignty and self-determination principles
* Policies, procedures and programs tribal health care delivery systems, public health systems, and housing infrastructure and how they interact with state and federal systems
* Administrative and management practices
* Public relations techniques
* Computer Skills, including experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Products
* Budget management for multiple budgets
* Strong writing and editing skills
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication applicable to the coordination of diverse stakeholder groups
* Strong research skills
* Creating/writing informational/training materials and creating educational packets based on existing materials
* Creating and facilitating the development of trainings
* Work independently as a team member
* Manage multiple tasks within a dynamic work environment, prioritizing tasks to ensure timelines are met
* Assist in preparation of budgets and financial grant reports
* Interact with Tribal leaders and State leaders
Arizona Drivers License.
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Health Administration, Business, American Indian Studies, or similar field.
* Five years' experience in project coordination.
* Experience working with Tribes is preferred.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.