Title: Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Applications Developer
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Applications Developer
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Applications Developer
Information Service Division
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled
Salary: $71,500 - $74,800
Must reside in the State of Arizona
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Applications Developer. This position performs complex EDI transactions support and workflow management involving ITX and TIBCO software.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Extensive knowledge ANSI X12 transactions of 270/271, 275, 276/277, 277U, 278, 820, 834, 835, 837 and NCPDP PAH 2.2.
- Develops and/or modifies computer programs of the highest level of complexity. Prepares required coding and testing data for unit and system testing.
- Performs unit and system testing. Prepares program documentation and promoting packages and forms. Assist subordinate programmers with technical tasks.
- Performs complex analysis of computerized systems development, often interacting with other technical teams.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of business area being worked upon and continually reviewing how that business function interacts with the other business functions that form the entire business process.
- Completes other duties as assigned and being available to respond to on-call situations.
- HIPAA X12
- EDI Transactions
- TIBCO Foresight software (Transaction Insight, Foresight Studio and In-stream).
- IBM ITX software (Transformation Extender).
- Computer programming language(s) and methodologies.
- Coding required by the environment and related operating systems relevant agency.
- Relational database structures.
- Complex coding of computer programs.
- Complex relational database tasks.
- Complete life cycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures.
- Complex coding procedures (or other operating control language required by the environment).
- Developing and executing project work plans.
- Verbal and written communications.
- Learn quickly and understand coding and systems.
- Establish and maintain effective policies and procedures regarding the operation of the department.
- Plan based on the goals and objectives of the department.
- Manage the department effectively.
- Analyze and resolve a wide variety of problems.
- Apply the principles of SDLC to make improvement in the department.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Interface with users and all stakeholders to determine their evolving needs.
- Work independently as well as in a team.
- Work in a remote environment.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience).
- Two (2) years’ experience in full life cycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation, and implementation. Work experience in HIPAA X12, EDI Transactions, TIBCO, Foresight software (Transaction Insight, Foresight Studio, and In-stream), and IBM ITX software (Transformation Extender).
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $71,500 to $74,800/year
$71,500 - $74,800
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 515951