Title: Deputy Assistant Director
Deputy Assistant Director
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Deputy Assistant Director
Division of Business and Finance
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled: 1st review of resumes will be on 05/15/2023
Salary: $133,200 - $138,200
This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Division of Business and Finance is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Deputy Assistant Director. The Business Finance Deputy Assistant Director (DAD) will directly oversee the areas of Finance, Budget, and Third Party Liability including monitoring workflow processes that facilitate timely completion of mission critical work as well as numerous state and federal deliverables produced by individual team members.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and supervise the Finance section activities (payments to health plans, providers, and administrative vendors; AHCCCS employee payroll; cash management; internal and external financial reporting; coordination of financial related audits; collections and accounting for various programs).
- Supervise and direct the Budget section activities (annual budget submission, monitoring programmatic and administrative expenditures, analyzing budget recommendations, tracking and analysis of administrative expenditures, and responding to internal and external request for budget information).
- Supervise and direct the Third-Party Liability section activities to ensure conformance with applicable statutes and rules (post payment recoveries, cost avoidance and the annual report to the Legislature).
- Update the DBF Assistant Director on the status of agency financial activity and advises on fiscal matters that require attention including the status of all division programs, projects and activities.
- Represent the agency at internal and external meetings related to the division’s areas of responsibility.
- AHCCCS rules, regulations, programs, policies, and procedures as well as Federal Regulations relating to Medicaid.
- Arizona financial and budget statutes and procedures as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for State and Local Governments.
- Advanced automation systems and how business operations may be more efficient through automated system development.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with staff, peers, Agency leadership, and external s stakeholders
- Analysis, evaluation, and resolution of complex problems
- Conflict resolution and consensus building
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment where re-prioritization occurs frequently
- Make informed and timely decision-making
- Manage, motivate, and lead high-level professionals
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field
- 3 years’ experience in governmental or related financial accounting.
- MBA, MPA, MHA or other appropriate Master's Level Degree and 4-6 years’ experience in governmental or related financial accounting.
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
- Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
- Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension, or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
- A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
- A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
- Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
- Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
- Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
- Voluntary participation.
- Program administered through Nationwide.
- Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $133,200 to $138,200/year
$133,200 - $138,200
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 517477