Title: Data Analyst Senior
Data Analyst Senior
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Senior Data Warehouse Developer
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $100,000 - $105,000
Must reside in the state of Arizona
This position is eligible for full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Data Warehouse Developer. This position will serve as a project leader on the ISD Data Warehouse team. This position will perform as a developer, analyst, and maintenance specialist. The Sr. Data Warehouse developer will work with customers throughout the agency to identify data needs and then define, develop and test ETL solutions. This person will also be asked to maintain product on ETL processes, occasionally in an on-call capacity, to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of all data loads. This individual should have a strong technical background with extensive experience in an enterprise data warehouse environment.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage data extractions, transformations and load procedures including analysis of existing source systems and data sources and monitor ETL workflows. Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code. Provide expertise in SQL development and data analysis.
* As an expert in AHCCCS data, actively participates in inter-divisional projects as a data lead. Work to proactively obtain and provide information that will assist decision makers in determining what data AHCCCS has and how to effectively and efficiently access the available data.
* Support and enhance existing extract, transform, and load processes. Create technical design documents that capture source to target mapping, define transformation algorithms, and document data quality rules, data flows and transformations.
* Works with stakeholders to identify analytical requirements. Validate the integrity and quality of the data to be used, while troubleshooting any issues; and develop, test, and validate data sets to be utilized in various analytical reports and dashboards throughout the agency.
* Mentor developers and business users with less skill or experience.
* Proactively seek to add value to the system by staying current on industry practices and participating in projects that involve leaders both inside and outside of the Agency with regard to responsibilities.
* Provide on call support for periodic 24/7 production support and independently manage the Data Warehouse team in the absence of the Data Warehouse Manager.
* Data Warehouse concepts, practices, and procedures
* ETL tools and processes (i.e. Informatica)
* SQL Server database management systems
* Strong understanding of SQL and relational and multidimensional designs
* PowerBI, IBM Cognos Framework Manager, or equivalent BI tool
* Medicaid/Medicare care programs and services
* Expert technical knowledge of Agency programs, operations and dependencies
* Statistical, financial and performance analysis methods and techniques
* Business Requirements Analysis
* Data Analysis / Data Modeling
* ETL design and development
* SQL query optimization
* Written and verbal communication
* Interpersonal Relationships
* Project Management
* Problem solving
* Decision making
* Communicate with business users to determine requirements for data, reports and analyses
* Extract, transform, clean, and move data and meta data so they can be loaded into a data warehouse, data mart, or operational data store
* Design and manage the BI tools and applications environment
* Multi-task with quick turnaround times and under pressure
* Model leadership characteristics, positive attitude and personal responsibility
* Develop, manage, and update data models, including physical and logical models of the Data Warehouse, Datamart, and staging area
* Understanding of SQL and relational and multidimensional designs
* Interview end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analysis, meta data, training, service levels, data quality, and performance
* Work in a Virtual Office Environment.
* Any combination of training and Experience that meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs); typical ways KSAs are obtained may include but are not limited to: relevant degree from an accredited college or university, coursework and work experience relevant to the assignment.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related area. 4+ years of data warehousing experience related to databases and BI tools. 4+ years of experience defining and developing ETL processes. Knowledge of health care operations and terminology; preferably within Medicaid.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* Paid Parental Leave-Up to 12 weeks per year paid leave for newborn or newly-placed foster/adopted child (pilot program).
* Other Leaves - Bereavement, civic duty, and military.
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.