Title: Customer Service Representative 4
Customer Service Representative 4
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Customer Service Representative 4
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Closing Date: Open until filled
Must reside in the state of Arizona
This position may be eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Division of Member and Provider Services is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative 4 with Provider Enrollment. This position is responsible for conducting Provider Enrollment. On-Site Visits, Provider facility compliance with CMS Medicaid facility requirements, providing assistance, guidance, and answering questions. during enrollment/application process for AHCCCS Providers. Will assist Providers with application packets in person and over the phone. Interview and question providers to elicit information necessary to determine CMS criteria being met for applicant provider type.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assisting AHCCCS Providers in processing their application, answering questions, collecting information.
* Conduct site visits, both individually and in a team of 2, depending on the scope of the visit and distance. Visits will determine the enrollment of services being provided by Provider. Determine that services, offices, and equipment are operable and match information provided on the application completed by Provider.
* Determining eligibility of Provider based on CMS guidelines. Research provider demographics in PECOS, follow CMS audit process/guidelines regarding compliance of Medicare Debt and billing practices and encounters.
* Assess risk level and in depth screening of Provider to ensure excluded providers are eliminated from Medicaid Review board.
* Studying statutes, rules, policy manual and clarifications. Attending training and conferring with supervisor and others to improve skills and maintain expert level of knowledge.
* Computer systems to include word processing, spreadsheet, email and database applications
* Customer service techniques
* Expert knowledge of CMS State statute
* Basic computer usage
* Effective verbal and written communication and phone etiquette
* Interacting with internal and external entities
* Listen, comprehend, and offer guidance to questions surrounding Medicaid enrollment both in-person and on the phone and respond appropriately
* Two and a half years of experience in a multifunctional customer service environment.
* Experience working in medical eligibility, enrollment, claims processing or claims customer service. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Pay: up to $38,500/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 520413