Title: Customer Service Representative 2
Customer Service Representative 2
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Customer Service Representative 2
Division of Member and Provider Services
Address: 2717 North Fourth Street, Suite 130 Flagstaff, Arizona 86004
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
THE IS AN IN OFFICE POSITION
This position supports Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) operations by working directly with customers, researching case or customer data, reviewing information received, scanning, and entering data using various computer applications and assisting office personnel with case information and office administrative duties.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Resolve customer issues. Interact with customers in-person, on the telephone, in a call center or via email. Route customer inquiries to the proper DMPS employee or resource and make appropriate referrals when necessary. Support all AHCCCS programs.
* Review, analyze, manage and process all DE202s and DE201s. Research and process hospital applications. Contact multiple facilities and the departments within those facilities and complete applications by finding the admissions and expected discharge dates and demographic information on applicants.
* Categorization of documents. Review all documents to make sure they are complete & accurate, needed for eligibility determinations, and then route appropriately. Prepare, scan and validate documents for DocuWare. Input and sort the proper documentation in HEAplus.
* Process incoming and outgoing regular mail and emails. Send out notices for hearings, Requests for Information (RFI), Voter Registration forms and packets that go to DES/DDD. Collect data from sources when applicable and register applications. Consult with staff to ensure correct documents are mailed. Document information from customer contact and from electronic or paper applications into HEAplus.
* Maintain various data logs. In field office locations, log and monitor State vehicle usage. Coordinate maintenance and repairs with ADOT and central AHCCCS office. Coordinate physical office maintenance.
* Actively participate in the Arizona Management System (AMS) initiative within the unit, division and agency. Creating and embracing a culture of teamwork supporting the agency, division and office visions, values, goals, and AMS efforts.
* A call center environment.
* Computer systems to include email, word processing, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, HEAplus, PMMIS, DocuWare, RightFax.
* Medicaid and general eligibility and enrollment criteria and overall services available through AHCCCS and DES.
* Basic office and clerical procedures and practices.
* Customer service techniques.
* Arizona Management System.
* Verbal and written communication.
* Service orientation.
* Problem solving and decision making.
* Concisely communicating to effectively explain basic program information.
* Phone etiquette.
* Follow through completing customer issues using logic and reasoning to find solutions.
* Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
* Review data for accuracy.
* Summarize and document.
* Listen and respond appropriately.
* Utilize rules, policies and procedures.
* Effectively communicate case actions taken and document case comments.
* Apply customer service techniques; empathize and calm individuals and limit the escalation of issues.
* Adjust to various volumes of work.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Work in an inbound automatic call distributor (ACD) environment.
Minimum: One year of experience in a multi-functional customer service environment.
Preferred: Experience working in the medical eligibility enrollment, claims processing or claims customer service. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* Paid Parental Leave-Up to 12 weeks per year paid leave for newborn or newly-placed foster/adopted child (pilot program).
* Other Leaves - Bereavement, civic duty, and military.
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.