Title: Customer Service Representative 2
Customer Service Representative 2
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Customer Service Representative 2
Division of Member and Provider Services
Address: 2717 North Fourth Street, Suite 130 Flagstaff, Arizona 86004
Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on date 10/24/2022
THIS IS AN IN-OFFICE POSITION
The Division of Member and Provider Services is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative 2 for the Centralized Support Unit (CSU). This position supports Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) operations by working directly with customers, researching case or customer data, reviewing information received, scanning, and entering data using various computer applications and assisting office personnel with case information and office administrative duties. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Resolve customer issues. Interact with customers in-person, on the telephone, in a call center or via email. Route customer inquiries to the proper DMPS employee or resource and make appropriate referrals when necessary. Support all AHCCCS programs.
- Review, analyze, manage and process all DE202s and DE201s. Research and process hospital applications. Contact multiple facilities and the departments within those facilities and complete applications by finding the admissions and expected discharge dates and demographic information on applicants.
- Categorization of documents. Review all documents to make sure they are complete & accurate, needed for eligibility determinations, and then route appropriately. Prepare, scan and validate documents for DocuWare. Input and sort the proper documentation in HEAplus.
- Process incoming and outgoing regular mail and emails. Send out notices for hearings, Requests For Information (RFI), Voter Registration forms and packets that go to DES/DDD. Collect data from sources when applicable and register applications. Consult with staff to ensure correct documents are mailed. Document information from customer contact and from electronic or paper applications into HEAplus.
- Maintain various data logs. In field office locations, log and monitor State vehicle usage. Coordinate maintenance and repairs with ADOT and central AHCCCS office. Coordinate physical office maintenance.
- Actively participate in the Arizona Management System (AMS) initiative within the unit, division and agency. Creating and embracing a culture of teamwork supporting the agency, division and office visions, values, goals, and AMS efforts.
- Due to COVID-19 precautions the recruiting process has been adjusted to meet the standard health guidelines outlined by the State. Interviews will be conducted virtually and may also be by way of video conference utilizing a platform like Google Meet/Hangouts or Zoom.
- Basic office and clerical procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Concisely communicating to effectively explain basic program information
- Follow through completing customer issues using logic and reasoning to find solutions.
- Listen and respond appropriately.
- Apply customer service techniques; empathize and calm individuals and limit the escalation of issues.
- Adjust various volumes of work.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- One year of experience in a multifunctional customer service environment.
- Experience working in the medical eligibility, enrollment, claims processing or claims customer service. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.