Title: Cobol Developer
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Information Services Division
Address: 801E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled: 1st review of resume is on 11/28/2022
Salary: $71,500 - $74,800
This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the departments needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Mainframe Application Developer. Developing and modifying computer programs using IDEAL or COBOL and preparing JCL, or other operating control language(s), position is responsible for completing written system analysis and design tasks technical in nature and in full scope of requirements.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing technical systems analysis tasks
- Testing and debugging programs
- Coding and modifying programs
- Participating in system testing
- Performing user requirements systems analysis tasks
- Reviewing, discussing, and comprehending assignments with project leader
- Documenting programs
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer programming language(s) and methodologies, i.e., IDEAL, COBOL, JCL (or other operating control language required by the environment).
- Knowledge of extremely complex relational database structures
- Complex coding of computer programs.
- Complex relational database tasks.
- Complex lifecycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures.
- Developing and executing project workplans.
- Verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrate ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Interface with users and all stakeholders to determine their evolving needs.
- Work independently as well as in a team.
- Work in a Virtual Office environment.
- Five years’ experience in full life cycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation, and implementation.
- Extremely positive attitude.
- Ability to learn fast and be adaptive to change
- Languages of IDEAL, JCL, and Cobol. 5 or more years of coding experience.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension, or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $71,500 to $74,800/year
$71,500 - $74,800
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 513597