Title: Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Chief Technology Officer
Address: 801 E Jefferson MD 2800 Phoenix, AZ 85034
Salary: $120,000 - $145,000
Closing Date: 9/30/2022
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Chief Technology Officer (CTO). This position will help guide the agency in all technology modernization efforts especially as it relates to cloud technologies and upgrading legacy systems. The position will be a technology/strategic direction advisor and be responsible for implementation of infrastructure design.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
? Strategic direction technology advisor. Matching technology to agency level strategic goals.
? Designing and Implementing new technology
? Developing and implementing governance, risk and compliance standards
? Support Enterprise-wide systems and platforms; make recommendations for integration of incongruent systems for data sharing and consistency
? Lead the development of technology capability roadmaps
* Extensive knowledge of information technology policies, practices, and processes specifically as it relates to business intelligence, data security, application development, customer support and IT infrastructure management.
* Cloud design and best practices.
* Best practices and standards for designing, implementing and maintaining enterprise systems.
* Medicaid specific system security requirements including but not limited to MARSe, NIST, and HIPAA.
* Knowledge of Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES) and interfacing with federal Medicaid hubs.
* Leadership, leading teams to manage multiple projects and collaborating on business practices. Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of management, including planning, organizing, directing, motivating, controlling and decision-making.
* Enterprise architecture and transformation. Information technology planning, systems architecture and process transformation, data analytics and data Management. Business intelligence, project management analyzing general, statistical, and technical reports, improving the government operations.
* Create and maintain good working relationships and collaborations with an array of personality types and interests
* Building and maintaining professional business relationships
* Excellent communication (written and verbal)
* Excellent presentation skills
* Interfacing cloud technologies with legacy mainframe applications
? Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or closely related field and 2 years of management experience in a business analysis or related technical role; or 6-8 years related technical experience to include 2 years of related management experience.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.