Title: Business Intelligence Manager
Business Intelligence Manager
- REMOTE OPTIONS
- Closing at: May 20 2022 at 23:55 MST
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Business Intelligence Manager
Salary: $90,000 - $99,000
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Intelligence Manager. This position is responsible for overseeing the Reporting and Data Intelligence Unit (RDI) charged with using data to produce reports, extract files & perform impact analyses to inform the agency’s decision-making & policy development for future programmatic changes. The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manages and oversees the day-to-day activities of business intelligence (BI) staff engaged in identifying BI, data reporting and analysis needs to turn data into information and knowledge to make sound business decisions; translates strategy into operational practice.
* Provides review and guidance on deliverables developed by the RDI team.
* Works with Assistant Director and Deputy Assistant Director related to developing actionable information that can be utilized within the agency in making strategic decisions.
* Directly performs analysis that requires specialized knowledge and skills and as augmentation to work performed directed by RDI team members.
* Broad & generally deep understanding of all facets of management & leadership, as well as a vision for the specific business program/ function being managed
* AHCCCS claims & encounter data including data definitions & processing schedules
* AHCCCS policies and procedures & interrelationships between various internal & external organizational functions.
* Excellent interpersonal, written & oral communication skills
* Expert system administration & leadership skills
* Ability to apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
* Any combination of training and experience that meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs); typical ways KSAs are obtained may include but are not limited to: relevant degree from an accredited college or university, coursework and work experience relevant to assignment.
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or closely related field Bachelor’s degree in related discipline. 2 years of supervisory experience in a business analysis or related technical role or Master's level degree, 5 years of supervisory experience in a business analysis or related technical role.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.