Title: BUSINESS ANALYST
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Information Service Division
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled
Salary: $57,200 - $60,500
Must reside in the State of Arizona
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Information Services Division is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Analyst. This position interacts, as directed by the project manager or project leader, with users, peers, and other technical staff as needed during the requirements analysis, design, development, test review, and implementation of assigned tasks.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be an active and key contributor for system changes as part of the Recipient/Health Plan Team, in coordination with all other AHCCCS subsystems.
- Ensure that all work in the department is performed according to policy and procedure.
- Assist in creating or updating Information Services Division Policy and Procedures.
- Prepare management and status reports \
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail; interfacing with users and all stakeholders to determine their evolving needs.
- Knowledge of appropriate Business Requirement Document sections and required elements.
- Project management artifacts and deliverables.
- SDLC work flows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in analyzing complex business issues and design tasks.
- Proven ability to develop and execute project work plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with internal and external business partners and stakeholders, and other diversely talented technologists, with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Two years’ experience and understanding of full life cycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation and implementation.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5 years of experience in business analysis (or equivalent experience).
- Working fundamental understanding of programming and JCL, concepts, and related operating systems relevant to the environment used by the agency.
- Familiarity with mainframe applications/languages (COBOL/IDEAL).
- Experience in healthcare related field is a BIG plus (acute care/LTC/Health plan/etc.).
- Experience with broad based IT systems, claims processing systems, Medicaid and/or Medicare (PMI certification, Scrum Master, Lean or Six-sigma certification a plus).
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.