Title: BUSINESS ANALYST
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Information Services Division
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled
Salary: $57,200 - $60,500
This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Information Services Division is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Analyst. This position is responsible for working with the business units to gather requirements for system service requests and translate them into functional requirements for developers to make programming changes.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
? Perform business user requirements analysis
? Develop design documentation
? Organize and conduct business user design walk throughs
? Assist developers in system design development
? Assist with system configuration, unit testing, and user Quality Assurance testing
? Perform system service request triage and processing
? Negotiate release dates and testing timeline with Quality Assurance team
? Knowledge of Medicaid claims and encounter processing
? Knowledge of healthcare
? Knowledge of systems development life cycle
? Skilled in development and execution of project work plans
? Skilled in both oral and written communication
? Ability to analyze complex system problems or needs and execute the best solution
? Ability to interface with business users and stakeholders at all levels
? Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5 years of experience in business analysis (or equivalent experience).
? Experience with broad based IT systems, claims processing systems, Medicaid and/or Medicare (PMI certification, Scrum Master, Lean or Six-sigma certification is a plus).
? Knowledge of business area procedures, policies, and practices. Experience in development of detailed requirements and general system design, communications, and documentation skills.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.