Title: Business Analyst
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Analyst. This position is required to maintain a direct working relationship with internal AHCCCS business unit staff, ISD staff and external vendors providing contract work for the agency. The position will be responsible for learning the select system, as well as tracking and reporting on vendor compliance with established contracts. The position may also be responsible for training personnel on the functions of the select system(s) impacted by the assigned contract. Additional tasks will include analysis of confidential information and providing written systems analysis and design for tasks that are technical in nature. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Coordinate changes that directly, or indirectly, impact the assigned contracted system.
* Ensure that all work on the team is performed according to AHCCCS policies and procedures as well as in accordance with all approved third-party contracts.
* Develop and mentor staff impacted by the select contract including those involved in contract oversight and execution. Establishing training plans and career development in coordination with team supervisor.
* Attend meetings, classes, seminars, and demos as required by the position.
* Prepare management and status reports as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Proven ability to apply the principles of SDLC methodologies to improve the business process. Understanding of, and the ability to blend Waterfall and Agile development approaches is a plus.
* Demonstrated knowledge of development principles needed to assist staff in the successful completion of assignments.
* Knowledge of appropriate requirement documentation, contract development including RFP construction and other required artifacts.
* Experience in complete lifecycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with internal and external business users and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail; interfacing with users and all stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs
* Ability to manage large scale projects, while also coordinating day-to-day requests.
* Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5 years of experience in business analysis (or equivalent experience).
* Experience working and providing guidance as a liaison in a client/vendor relationship
* Experience with broad based IT systems, Medicaid and/or Medicare (Scrum Master, Lean or Six-sigma certification) a plus.
* Formal training and courses, including principles of communication and problem solving.
* 10+ years experience as a Business Analyst and/or Programmer Analyst. Experience in the Medicaid/healthcare industry a plus.
* 5+ years in a healthcare contracting environment.
* Familiarity with mainframe applications/languages (COBOL/IDEAL) (Not required, but highly preferred.)
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.