Title: Business Analyst Senior
Business Analyst Senior
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
The Division of Health Care Management
Business Analyst Senior
Address: 801 East Jefferson Street. Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Open Until Filled
Salary: $68,000 - $75,000
The Business Analyst Senior is responsible for completing written systems analysis and design tasks that are technical in nature; interacting with users, peers, and other technical staff to obtain input and approval during requirements analysis, design, development, test review and implementation of data and reporting assignments. Developing and modifying complex queries, preparing standardized programming language, preparing test data and performing testing. Preparing program documentation, promoting packages and forms, training Cognos and PMMIS users and supporting others with technical tasks and work assignments.
Applying intricate knowledge of database structure, ensuring departmental standards and procedures are followed in all aspects of completed work assignments, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of business area and how it interacts with the the overall business process. Leading and overseeing groups in the design and implementation of major development projects, designing, or approving design, of applications, providing lead work in systems administration. Responding promptly to customer needs and taking a customer-centric approach to problem solving, identifying opportunities for improvement and being part of the solution, prioritizing assignments effectively, communicating activities and results clearly.
* Computer programming language(s) and methodologies
* Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence Tools
* Cognos Framework Manager, Reporting Studio, Query Studio, or Equivalent Bl tool
* Technical knowledge of Agency programs, operations and dependencies
* Complex coding of computer programs
* Complex relational database tasks
* Complete lifecycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures
* Consult with Senior Management on complex issues
* Establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, work collaboratively in teams across organizations
* Understand and respond to complex, ambiguous issues and assignments
Bachelor’s Degree and/or 10 years of experience in business analysis or equivalent.
Experience to include 2-3 years experience working with data warehouses and business intelligence tools and/or 1 year of experience in Medicaid and/or Medicare.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.