Title: Applications Development Supervisor
Applications Development Supervisor
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Applications Development Supervisor
Information Services Division
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on 05/03/2023
Salary: $85,800 - $90,199.824
Must reside in the State of Arizona.
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote
The Information Services Division is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Applications Development Supervisor. This position’s primary responsibility is to oversee projects, provide guidance and direction, assist in defining solutions, provide status updates, prioritize tasks, hire developers, assist in troubleshooting issues, and communicating with internal and external customers. As directed by management, this position is responsible for overseeing web solutions from conception to implementation using all phases of the SDLC.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage employees, create team schedules, and delegate tasks based on agency priorities.
* Ensure business goals, deadlines and performance standards are met.
* Manage medium to large scale projects and coordinate efforts with the appropriate counterparts.
* Ensure staff accountability and productivity while working in the office or virtually.
* Establish employee objectives and ensure they comply with the AHCCCS plans and vision.
* Ensure staff are accountable and productive in their daily tasks.
* Create employee ratings, evaluations, and employee planners, assess employee work performance, and identify areas for improvement.
* Participate in the establishment of policies and guidelines for the web development team.
* Assist with troubleshooting issues as needed.
* Strong understanding of the Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES) modernization project and how it aligns with the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA).
* Strong knowledge and understanding of security standards and principles as they apply to web development.
* Strong understanding of AHCCCS policies and procedures.
* Strong working experience and knowledge of RDBMS design using SQL Server 2012 and above.
* Strong understanding and experience with all phases of the SDLC and methodologies.
* Extensive hands-on experience with web services.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Hands-on experience with developing and deploying web applications in the Azure environment.
* Strong functional and technical problem-solving skills.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple on-going projects of any scale.
* Ability to resolve production issues and multi-task with strict time constraints and business goals.
* Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years of experience in related discipline (or equivalent experience).
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or 5+ years of experience in web development.
* A combination of formal training and a basic aptitude for the discipline, i.e., principles of communication and problem solving. 5 years of work experience in a Systems Project Lead or Management position.
* Microsoft certifications are a plus.
* Strong leadership skills.
* HIPAA and MARS-E experience or expertise are a plus.
* Azure experience or expertise are a plus.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension, or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $85,800 to $90,199.82/year
$85,800 - $90,199.824
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 517379