Title: Applications Development Supervisor
Applications Development Supervisor
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Applications Development Supervisor
Information Services Division
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85040
Open until filled
Salary: $85,000 - $93,500
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Application Development Supervisor. This position will be responsible for leading a team to design, develop, troubleshoot, optimize, and implement software programs. Review customer requests ensure the requests align with AHCCCS’ strategic plan, prioritize and implement the best solution for the work request.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and direct staff to complete their daily functions in support of the Claims/Encounter and Reinsurance Subsystems.
- Ensure all work performed within the assigned subsystems are performed in accordance with all pertinent policies and procedures as outlined by CMS, State of Arizona and AHCCCS.
- Participate in the hiring process, develop, and mentor staff assigned to the subsystems under his/her control to include training plans, career path development and periodic evaluations designed to assist career growth.
- Attend pertinent meetings, classes, seminars, demonstrations as deemed necessary; Provide input and assist with the development of ISD Policies and Procedures.
- Provide Operational/Strategic planning for assigned subsystems, provide status reports and advise management as necessary.
- Coordinate with and provide oversight for third party contracts/contractors associated with his/her subsystems.
- Knowledge of strategic planning in order to develop goals/objectives for the department.
- Knowledge of management principles in order to mentor and lead staff toward the successful completion of assignments.
- Knowledge of computer science in order to determine the best application of resources for automated systems development.
- Familiarity with federal regulations to assist in funding allocation.
- Knowledge of AMS standards to assist with continued process improvements.
- Knowledge of project management in order to effectively manage projects and associated resources.
- Knowledge of current technologies in order to perform accurate technology assessments for projects and strategic planning.
- Knowledge of project management in order to effectively manage projects and resources.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to assure in effective communication with upper management, peers, clients and customers.
- Demonstrated skill in balancing, prioritizing and organizing multiple tasks.
- Leadership skills for time management, scheduling, risk management, critical thinking and conflict resolution.
- Project management skills in task management, resource management and overall project planning.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to plan based on goals and objectives.
- Ability to shift priorities and resolve a wide variety of problems.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems, while communicating plans to stakeholders
- A minimum of 10 years active project management skills and applied knowledge.
- A combination of formal training and a basic aptitude for the principles of communication and problem solving.
- Work experience in a Systems, Management or Project Lead position.
- Proven leadership skills in managing a group of software developers.
- Familiar with working knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to manage individuals in a remote and on-site setting.
- Certification in Project Management Professional (PMP), but not required for hire.
- Degree in information systems is preferred, but not required for hire.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.